Chapter 41 - Cold sweats

Ashley's POV

I gave Blaze a nervous look.

"Blaze, are you here?" George knocked on the door as he asked behind the door.

"Just a minute." Blaze shouted as he stood up quickly.

I stood up quickly and picked up my clothes from the floor in quick movements. Blaze put on his boxer and pants fast.

"Hide in the bathroom." He ordered in a low voice as he put his shirt on.

I nodded and tiptoed towards the bathroom quickly, holding my clothes in my arms. I closed the door behind me and started putting my clothes on. I heard their voices.

"Dad?" Blaze opened the door.

"Why are you panting?" His father asked.

"Umm... I came from running." Blaze lied.

"I need the file about the Henderson project." George said.

I heard steps. I pulled back, holding my breath. My heart was beating faster.

"Thank you. Are you coming to the company?" His father asked.

"I need to do something. Then, I will come." Blaze informed.

I heard the door closing. I leaned back against the wall as I breathed deeply. I noticed I was holding my breath.

Blaze opened the door.

"He left." He informed, giving me a reassuring smile.

I slid down against the wall as I started crying. Blaze rushed towards me and bent down beside me as he gave me a confused look.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He asked as he tucked the lock of my hair behind my ear while stroking my cheek.

"When they...find out about us...and Aspen..." I muttered barely between my sobs.

He gave me a tender smile as he pulled me into his embrace, leaning against the wall. I was gripping his shirt while crying.

"Don't worry. I will handle everything. Trust me." He reassured me while stroking my hair gently.

I finally calmed down. We were still sitting on the floor. I was resting my head on his chest,his arm wrapped around me firmly. He was placing soft kisses on my hair.

I pulled back. "Sorry. I was oversensitive." I muttered.

He gave me a tender smile as he cupped my cheek. "I love you." He said honestly.

I placed my hand on top of his hand and kissed his hand. "I love you too." I gave him a slight smile.

I stood up. He stood up too and walked closer to me. He placed his hand on my cheek and kissed my forehead. I smiled happily at his tenderness.

"Thank you for being beside me. It is really important for me." I admitted.

"Of course, I will be beside you. You can trust me. I can burn the world for you. I am madly, deeply in love with you." He said with a serious expression and kissed my lips.

Before going to bed, I went to check Aspen. He was sleeping in his room. The door was ajar. I heard Blaze's voice coming inside.

"Do you know, my boy I love your mother so much? I was mesmerized by her when I saw her for the first time. She was so beautiful. A real angel."

I leaned against the doorframe as I was listening to him. He stroked Aspen's little hand as he gave him a charming smile. Aspen was looking at him attentively.

"But I hurt her

"But I hurt her. And believe me, son I regret what I have done to her. But these feelings were new for me. I have never fallen in love before her. But she changed me for the better. I will do everything to keep both of you safe and make you and your mommy happy. I promise you, my boy." He stroked Aspen's hair gently.

Aspen raised his arms trying to catch Blaze's hand. Blaze chuckled as he placed a soft kiss on his forehead. When he turned around, he saw me.

"Ashley?" He gave me a warm smile.

I smiled at him back as I approached him. I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly. He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me back.

"I love you, Blaze." I said happily.

"I love you too, baby." He said as he placed a soft kiss on my neck.

He pulled back as he cupped my cheeks and placed a tender kiss on my forehead.

"I am such a lucky man." He said as he plunged his sparkling eyes into mine.

I smiled at him widely as I kissed his lips. He kissed me back in a passionate kiss, pressing me against his chest tightly.

****

When I woke up, James was still sleeping on the couch. As I remembered my intimate encounter with Blaze, I smiled widely. I was so happy; I couldn't hold myself from smiling all day long. I got up and took my clothes with me. I went to the bathroom to take a shower.

After taking a shower, I dried my body and hair and put on my clothes. When I walked into the bedroom, I saw James holding a photo in his hand, stunned. The book where I hid my photo with Blaze was on the floor.

Fuck!

It was my photo with Blaze in his hand. I gulped nervously. I couldn't move like my legs were frozen. He lifted his gaze up from the photo and plunged his intense eyes into mine, disappointment and shock in his eyes.

"....Is..." He couldn't finish his sentence. He couldn't still pull himself together.

"James...I..." I mumbled, trying to say something. But I couldn't know what to say; my mind was blank.

He clenched his fist as anger clouded his features. "Was the boyfriend Blaze?" He asked as he finally pulled himself together.

I bit my lower lip nervously as I looked at him without saying anything. My cheeks turned crimson red. I felt embarrassed.

"Was the boyfriend Blaze?" He barked at me as his eyes were burning with anger.

I jolted in my place in fear. "I..."

"Damn it, Ashley! Answer me! Is it right?" He hissed without taking his eyes off me. "Is Aspen my nephew?" He asked, trying to control his anger. But he wasn't good at it at all.

You should tell the truth, Ashley. The time has arrived. You can not hide it anymore. I said with my inner voice.

"Yes, he is. His father is Blaze." I breathed deeply and said all in one breath.