Chapter 4

Rachel's POV

Rachel and Diane arrived in a city buzzing with activity. Diane was eager to explore and visit places not visited by tourists. Rachel was happy to oblige.

They had arrived on late Friday morning and the concert she was eager to go to was not until Saturday night. They headed straight to the hotel and quickly changed to fresh clothes. They both had slept on the plane, and now Rachel was feeling excited and anxious.

Diane had booked the tours before they departed and the girls headed down to the pick-up point for the bus to pick them up. Rachel naturally reached for her phone and took a picture of Diane, standing in front of the bus, with the bustling city behind her. She quickly uploaded it to her Instagram. She captioned 'Singapore, here we are... "

The bus tour took 2 hours and they were happily strolling through the Bugis Markets by the tour's end. They were both definitely hungry and were excited to try new foods. Another photo taken and uploaded. This time the picture was of Rachel from behind... walking with the crowd ahead. Rachel had posted this picture without any caption. She felt the picture spoke a thousand words. So many people, so much noise and so much to see and taste. Her and Diane often caught each other smiling as they walked.

Rachel was becoming weary of crowds as she approached her 25th birthday. She was never like this. She had spent her younger years enjoying festivals and concerts without a second thought. She remembered how squashed like a sardine she was on the harbour foreshore on every New Year's Eve with hundreds of thousands of people. A car accident few years ago left her with anxiety. She was nervous to attend a Super Junior concert but she was trying exceptionally hard not to think about the crowd size that would be there.

After a few hours of wondering, Diane suggested to head back to the hotel. Rachel was also feeling the jetlag now and her tired feet begged for some rest. They entered their hotel room and both were eager to crash for a few hours.

It was now 7pm and Rachel got up slowly and decided to shower. She took her time under the water and smiled to herself, proud that she finally bought tickets to a concert she was secretly dying to see. She had bought a lovely thick jacket and decided to team it up with black jeans and heels. Hair and make-up done, she decided to wonder around the beautiful hotel she was staying in. She left Diane sleeping and left her note to say that she will return by 8pm.

The hotel was certainly beautiful. The hotel was not on our list of hotels but Diane couldn't pass up a really great price for such a cool hotel. Rachel discreetly took photos without revealing too much of where she was. When she posted one of the pictures, she deliberately left it without a comment. The next photo she posted was of her hotel room door. She felt like being cheeky when she posted that last picture and commented with "...dare you to join me". She laughed at her silliness but didn't care what people thought.

She was feeling hungry again. She headed back into to her room to fetch Diane. She felt sexy in her new long coat, that had a low neckline but was still comfortable to wear. She was going to go out into the city tonight and enjoy the night, even if it was a little cold.

It was just after 12am when the girls reached their hotel room. A little tipsy. A little light on their feet. Rachel rarely drank but they managed to find a really good cheap restaurant and found themselves mingling with the crowd sitting next to their table. They laughed their way through the lobby and Rachel took another photo and quickly uploaded it to her Instagram account. She didn't want to hide her happiness that night. The photo was supposed to be of the two of them, but with alcohol running through her system, the photo only seemed to capture Diane and a snippet of Rachel's hair. She saw what she uploaded to her SNS and laughed at her lack of camera control.

The following morning, they woke up late had breakfast and headed out for more touristy locations and shopping. They agreed they would return early to rest before heading for the concert that night.