Chapter 11

Hae's POV

"I think this place looks good Hyukjae. Look how busy it is... must be good if the crowds come to them" he points to the stall where a lot of people of gathered and he heads to the back of the line... "I think we will need to order double, I'm starving for something sweet!!" he tells Hyukjae. He turns to ask his friend "Did you want a drink as well?" but Hyukjae is already turning to walk away... "Nope, I'm eyeing off the juice bar over there Hae, I'll be back in a few". He was left alone for 10mins and was reading the menu board when he heard a lady's voice trying to order something but she was struggling with the pronunciation of some of the words. He laughed a little and understood the scenario perfectly. He sometimes struggles with his English and Chinese just as much as she is with this language. He could hear another person helping her and the lady seemed to have moved aside waiting for her order. A few minutes later and he caught himself saying "Ahh my turn..." he ordered what he craved and turned to stand on the side of the stall waiting for his order.

As he waited for his order, he began to hum quietly to himself and was looking around, taking in the colours and reflections. Shame he didn't have his camera he thought. He took out his phone, held it up and took some pics. He must've pressed the video option in his phone in error, and as he brought the phone closer to his body to see what happened, as he was searching the buttons on his phone, he noticed in the live video that the dress and shoes that he had been searching for was standing on a girl in front of him. Yes, she was wearing a scarf draped around her shoulders but that skirt and hem of the dress matched his memory. He continued to film her unknowingly. He now found that she was turning to place something in the bin that was near him and he caught her face. Actually, he didn't remember much of her face. Just her eyes. Her brown hair was straight, parted to the side but it fell softly on her shoulders and covered some of her right eye. By the time his eyes scanned back to look at her face, she had turned around quickly and was out of his sight. He had to blink a few times to register what just happened. Then he jerked forward to follow her.

As he passed through the crowd, he saw Hyukjae approach him and Hae was quick to give him the order ticket "here take this, I need to grab something" and walked away from him in a hurry.

Hae could see her in the distance, and still continued to follow her. "Why is she going??" he scratched his neck and licked his lower lip repeatedly. "Make her stay please...... make her stay a little longer" he pleaded with the universe. "Wait..." he watched her as she put her hair up in a small bun. She swept her hair up exposing her small neck. "I can't let her disappear out of my sight... " he cried out in desperation. He stayed on her tail until they reached the hotel. He noticed some fans lingering outside the hotel, and went in directly, avoiding any contact with 'his' girl. He would see her inside, away from the fans and away from any kind of spotlight. The last thing he wanted was to freak her out completely.

Hae had no choice but to wait for her to enter the lift and watch what floor it stops at. "9th floor. a few floors below mine" he made a mental note. He remembered her room number, he remembered it from her Instagram update. But he was unsure what to do when he was so close to her. He didn't want to knock on her door but he felt he had to do something urgently. There was a chance that she would be alone, and her friend was still out with the male friend. He thought for a few minutes, and contemplated waiting until the morning but he didn't want to lose any time. His flight out of Singapore was at 11am in the morning. If he was going to take action, it would be now. He decided to head back and take a quick shower in his hotel room to clear his mind and make some quick decisions. Drying himself off quickly and with only a towel wrapped around his waist, he looked out his window to view the city at night. He only had the bed light which gave the room a warm dimly lit glow. Below he could see the pool and bar. He followed the shadow that was walking towards the pool. Same hair. Same eyes. "Wait!!!..." He hears a phone ring in the distance behind him on the bed "oh crap, Hyukjae!!" He turned to pick up the phone and said quickly "sorry for leaving you. yeah, I sorta found my girl... I followed her... and then lost her... yeah I'm back now....no Just had a shower.. what am going to do?? I can't leave like this.... I know... I know... yeah, the flight's at 11am....no you eat it I'm not hungry.... I'm going to bed now...ok... see you at breakfast". By the time the call ended, he was dressed and heading out the door.