<>Chapter 6<>

{OK so I wrote my last chapter in two hours and I was tired so there may have been a few mistakes, but I will fix them. And I may be coming out with a new book soon!}

{Previously ~ "Definitely." Lizzie and Joel both said.}

{5 and a half years ago}

{3rd person}

"Lizzie, Joel! The monster is back!" A voice called. The holder of the voice was a girl and she had a light purple almost lilac hair color and was wearing a blue dress.

"Sasha! Which direction?!" She heard Lizzie frantically call from wherever she was.

"North!" She called back. Lizzie burst into the room Joel following behind her. Lizzie went over to a red button and pushed it. Hearing it beep she talked into it.

"Everyone down now. It's a Code Red. Subject S was seen on the north side of the island!" Almost immediately 6 others came down. Yammy, Scott, Oli and three more. A girl and two boys. The girl had dark purple galaxy hair and was wearing a purple dress. One boy had brown hair and was wearing a tux kind of like Oli's but more sophisticated. The other boy had brown hair too and wore a fox outfit.

"Good! Yammy, Scott, Oli, Lauren, Joey, Callum, Sasha and Joel. We're all here." Lizzie sighed making sure everyone was there.

"What? Why is Subject S back?" Lauren asked referring to the sea monster they called Subject S. The actual name of the monster was Leviathan. A serpent underwater that was as long as a 20 story building. He had razor sharp teeth and killed all passing traveling ships. It needed to be stopped. (Pic at top)

"What's the plan first?" Oli asked ignoring Lauren's question. Lauren glared at him.

"I could crush your head in an instant." She told him.

"Blah blah blah, do it." He retorted smirking. Suddenly a cup slammed into the back of his head shattering.

"OW! Lauren you an your stupid gravity defying power." Oli complained rubbing his head as Lauren smirked.

"Guys! Subject S?!" Sasha called trying to get them out of their fight. They nodded and stopped.

"Oli, you're bleeding!" Lizzie called rushing over to heal him. Sasha looked over at Lauren who shrugged.

"Anyways what do we do?" Joel asked getting a little angry.

"I say we use Sasha to divert the currents to get it to a place where we can attack it." Joey said.

"No, I think we should strike it where it is now." Oli said.

"The element of surprise won't work if it's at our base." Lauren said.

"What if we combine the plans?" Joel asked.

"What do you mean?" Lizzie asked.

"I mean we strike it while we gat Sasha to move it to a better place so that's it's more occupied with the attacks than where it's going." Joel explained.

"But, we have to remember Subject S's intelligence is off the charts. It might realize what we are doing and counter attack." Callum argued. At that moment a crash was heard and a very annoying alarm went off.

"It's attacking the base!" Yammy called.

"What plan are we going with?!" Lizzie yelled over the alarm.

"Joey's!" four of the members called.

"Oli's!" One member called and the rest were for Joel.

"Darn it we have a tie! Just go with Joey's!" Sasha called. Everyone nodded but Joel was slightly angry. They went through with Joey's plan but by the time the Leviathan was in place in went underwater and disappeared knowing what they were doing.

~~ Back at the base after the attack, the group were cleaning up the hole the Leviathan made with his long tail. Joel was nowhere to be seen though. ~~

{One hour later}

Joel burst through the doors scared and worried.

"Joel are you ok?!" Lizzie asked worriedly, dropping what she was doing she rushed to him.

"I was angry I'm sorry." he said out of breathe.

"Why are you sorry?!" Lauren asked frantic. A piece of metal she was holding in the air dropped making a loud clang that made everyone turn to Joel.

"I made a death cloud and I was about to take it back when a figure took it. He thanked me and left." he said. A laughter was heard as a black fog came out. Yammy who was closer to Lizzie and Joel diverted the fog making it not touch the three. The fog quickly disappeared and the other 6 were covered in black goo. A figure came out of the darkness.

"Thank you Joel. You really have given me what I needed. Now I just need recruits." They said most likely smirking. They disappeared and everyone but Joel, Lizzie, and Yammy passed out cold.

"Oh no! What happened?!" Lizzie asked rushing over to the sides of her teammates. Joel regaining his breathe picked up two of them.

"Let's get them to the infirmary." Joel said. He whistled and a few guards came. They picked up the rest of the team and Lizzie and Yammy followed Joel to the infirmary. When they got there the guards and Joel placed the team on the beds arranged neatly in the light cyan colored room.

"Where is the nurse?" Yammy asked. A girl came in. She had short black hair and was wearing a red long sleeved shirt with cyan shorts. She went over with Lizzie and started to try and find out what was wrong. Joel dismissed the guards. They left the room and they heard the nurse sigh.

"What's wrong Ms..." Joel said not knowing her name because he didn't usually come here.

"Dr. Ana, and they are well.. being consumed by darkness." She said. Joel's eyes widened.

"What?! Is there anything we could do the help?" He asked frantic.

"Well.." Ana started.

"Well what? Tell us. I need to know!" He said. Ana sighed.

"It could kill you if you do it too much." She said.

"Please!" He pleaded. Ana nodded and motioned for him to follow her. He got up and they approached Scott's bed.

"Grab his arm and think about the darkness draining. There was a reason the Grand Hosts didn't teach you this." Ana said mumbling the last part. Joel latched onto Scott's arm and closed his eyes. The darkness drained away from him.

"You can open your eyes." Ana said. He slowly opened his eyes and sighed. He followed Ana too Sasha's bed and he did the same. He opened his eyes when he was done and leaned against Lizzie.

"What's happening to them?!" Yammy asked Ana. She pointed to the rest of the team and they were slowly disappearing.

"No, no, no, this can't be! We're too late." Ana said.

"What do you mean?!" Lizzie asked.

"They were taken over by the darkness." She said.

{Ok done! This was basically a little more in detail about what Joel explained last chapter. Oh and I added myself but it's probably only going to be in this chapter. Key word: probably.}