//Chapter 17\\

~~Thank You for 4k Reads! I never thought this story would go that far. Honestly, I expected maybe like 30 by the time the book ended. And the book is close to ending too. I know sad, but the next book will be coming out soon! Hopefully it'll be better and longer than this one!~~

Previously ~ "Run!" Cory called. The others nodded and ran.

{Adam's POV}

Doing as told I ran into the forest. The leaves crunching as I stepped on them. I tried to keep my breathing even, to not alert attention. Hearing a loud beep I skidded to a stop landing on my back from the force.

'Adam find a clearing now!' A voice spoke in my head.

"Who the hell is this?" I asked. (this would so be me)

'You'll now soon but your friends are in danger! Find the clearing!' The voice spoke again.

"Fine!" I called getting up. I dusted myself off and heard a scream. Quickly I ran towards the scream. I found the clearing the voice was talking about and their stood a giant black thing? All my friends and teachers surrounded it. I quickly ran up to Red.

"Who screamed?" I asked.

"L-Lizzie." Red stuttered. Quickly I turned my head to Lizzie. In front of her were five people all wearing dark colours. She collapsed and started crying.

"Oh god." Joel mumbled from his stance next to me. The glob of black laughed and grew seven tentacles. Five grabbed Lizzie's "new friends" and the other ones wavered about.

"Which one's are the knew Life and Death, Lizzie?" One of the new people asked. He wore a panda hat, and I think he was the one who tried to kill Yammy. Immediately, I summoned and raised my bow. The others followed with their weapons.

"Nevermind, I'll find them." Panda dude said then laughed but it turned more into a scream at the end. The other four also started screaming. Quickly a black bubble formed around them and the other tentacles grabbed Shelby and Cory. Shelby screamed while Cory cut the tentacle that held him off. Shelby followed and stabbed the monster. It held onto her tighter possibly choking her.

"Shelby!" Ross called. She kept stabbing it.

"Stop! Pain just makes it stronger." A girl with purple called from the bubble. Shelby stopped and passed out. Another tentacle reached for Cory. I shot and arrow at it and it retracted. Cory looked back at me and smiled gratefully.

"Go get Shelby! We got your back!" I called. He nodded and jumped to get Shelby. While the rest of us distracted it.

{Shelby's POV}

I jumped awake looking around the dark room. I didn't recognize it though. It was dark. The walls were a dark gray colour and the floor was a lighter gray. I was laying on a small uncomfortable bed. Next to it was a small bedside table with a dimly lit candle on top. One wall was bars with a locked door. On the opposite wall was a small window with no glass or bars. Maybe big enough to fit through. Slowly I got up from the creaky bed and made my way to the bars. Upon arriving I slowly crouched and tried to stick my head through the bars. Luckily, it was big enough to get my head through. I looked down the dim hallway for any guards and pulled my head back in. I sighed. Slowly, I made my way over to the table and picked up the candle. I blew out the light and placed it on the bed. I slowly started to push the table to the window.

When it finally got there I climbed on top to look out. It was dark and all I could see was water. No land. I placed my hands on the window sill and hauled myself up and climbed out. lucky for me I could sit on the sill because it extended out a tad. I was about two stories up and now I could see a bit of land towards the bottom, maybe enough to stand on. I looked around the walls and saw a patch of ivy flowing from what looked like the top of the building to close enough to the ground. I heard a door open and loud footsteps coming from inside.

"Shelby!" I heard a whisper voice call. I peaked back through the window as a person stopped in front of my cell.

"Shelby, thank god! We need to get out. What are you doing?" The person asked. I formed a small light ball immediately getting exhausted. In the light I saw Cory. His mask was ripped and his clothes were jagged and lopsided. He looked like he had just gotten jumped.

"Escaping, duh." I panted making the ball of light disappear. He nodded. I hopped back in and waked over to him.

"Hold on." He said. He disappeared and reappeared behind me.

"Did you find something? This place cancels out most of our powers so we need to get out old-people-style." He panted as I turned to face him.

"Yeah, there's a patch of ivy out of the window that we could climb down." I said walking back over.

"By the way, do you remember anything?" He asked.

"Not since after I passed out, why?" I asked.

"Oh. I'll t-tell you." He stuttered. I hoisted myself back through the window grabbing onto the ivy as Cory followed.

"Well we started distracting the monster but it only stayed still. I went to grab you but he moved his arm away making me fall to the ground and my mask ripped. Adam and the others attacked it but, it only grew. We couldn't stop it. Then out of nowhere he grabbed me and disappeared. Us with it, but it left Lizzie's friends. Soon we were in a dark field and he placed us in a small cage and locked the door. I didn't have enough strength to move so I laid there pretending to be asleep. They talked about there plan and then we started moving. Soon enough we had gotten to this place and he threw us into a random room somewhere. I ran over to you when my strength was good. You woke up slightly and you told me something." He explained.

I stopped climbing the ivy and dropped the rest of the way down. Cory followed. We huddled against the wall so we didn't fall off.

"What did I say?" I asked. Cory gulped.

"The black moon rises in the east." He said.

"Black moon? Why does that sound so familiar?" I asked myself. Cory shrugged. Soon the ground near the building cut off.

"We're stuck." Cory said.

"We could always jump into the water." I said looking down. There were many rocks below us.

"Really? Is that our only option?" He asked.

"Not unless you want to go back." I said jumping into the water. I swam back to the surface and looked at Cory. He sighed and jumped too, landing too close to me. When he came back up to the surface we swam to the edge of the shore. It was still a cliff so it hid us. After a few seconds an alarm went off.

'Code Red, Code Red, prisoners in C Ward have escaped. Find them and bring them back immediately.' A male voice said from and intercom.

"Crap." I said.

Cliffhanger.