~~Chapter 15~~

{Previously ~ "Well let's start pushing buttons." Max said.}

-This a long one-

{3rd person}

Cory had sat down with Shelby in his lap, still crying. Max was looking at the buttons thinking.

"If you kill Ross, I'm coming for you Max." Shelby said. She had calmed down slightly but she was still crying.

"Ok." Max said putting his hands in the air. Shelby moved off of Cory's lap, her face a bright pink. Cory got up and walked to Max.

"You get three buttons and I get two." Max said pushing the button labeled '7'. Nothing happened.

"Good so far." Cory said pushing the '3' button. Again nothing happened. Shelby was getting more paranoid by the second.

"Next." Max said pushing the '9' button. They got the same result as the last two.

"Two more." Cory said pushing the '1' button. Nothing.

"Last button." Max said. Pushing the '6' button. They heard a loud beep. Lights started flickering above the tanks and it landed on one. The floor opened letting Jin fall too his death. Shelby stood up and ran over to the tank. A purple orb flew from the tank and hovered around Shelby landing in her hand becoming a solid ball. They heard another loud beep and Ross' tank opened. He fell out landing on Max.

"Jin. H-he died?" Shelby said looking at the transparent purple ball in her hands. Tears had started to fall from her eyes.

"Hey, we'll find something out." Cory said grabbing her shoulder. Shelby nodded. Max had stood up holding an unconscious Ross in his arms, bridal style. Shelby walked over checking his pulse. She sighed.

"I guess we should go back now." Max said. Shelby and Cory nodded walking out of the room. Cory grabbed their hands and teleported back to the ship. Shelby walked out sitting down by the door looking into the ball. Max and Cory followed and sat near her. Ross laying on the floor next to Shelby.

"At least we saved one." Cory said. Shelby nodded looking at Ross.

"But, how will the others react to Jin being d-dead." Shelby said.

"We'll figure that out when they get here." Max said. Shelby nodded and they waited for the others to come back.

"I can't wait to eat some food!" They heard an energetic Adam call after what felt like an hour.

"I agree with that!" Red said. They came onto the boat and saw Shelby, Max, Cory, and Ross sitting in front of the room they had teleported in.

"Where's Jin?" Lizzie asked. Shelby lowered her head and Cory looked at them.

"He didn't make it...." Max said breaking the silence.

"What?!" Adam asked. Max explained the story and the group was all gathered around sitting in a clumped up circle.

"Oh god. Who would even?!" Aph said. Lizzie sighed standing up.

"Shelby, follow me." She said. Shelby looked up for the first time in what had seemed like hours and followed Lizzie. They walked to the below decks and Shelby sat on a bed. Lizzie sat opposite to her. Shelby still had the ball and hadn't let it go.

"We need to find a new Physics." Lizzie said. Shelby nodded.

"And as you being the next leader I need to show you how. Unfortunately this might happen again." Lizzie explained. Shelby nodded again. Lizzie pulled something from the pocket of the dress she was wearing and handed it to Shelby. It was a silver chain with a pendant. The pendant was gone though and it was only the thing that held it onto the necklace.