--Chapter 13--

{Previously ~ "We need to find Grace!" He shouted.}

{3rd person}

"Wait, your daughter?!" Will shouted as Graser had run off.

"Graser, wait!" H yelled running after him.

"We should probably go as well." Lizzie said to everyone else. They followed H and Graser to the boat they had come in on. Graser was at the navigation system and H was trying to drag him away from it.

"Dude! I know you want to see your daughter, but you need to stop!" H told him while moving him away from the system. Lizzie and the others had moved onto the ship and Graser was sitting down with his head in his hands.

"If we don't, Lizzie won't get her magic beans." Graser mumbled.

"We'll just break the box." H said.

"That's the point. The box is magic. Only someone with Shubble's DNA can open the box." Graser said.

"Then we go to the mainland." Lizzie said. Graser looked up from his hands and smiled.

"Thanks Lizzie." He said standing up. Lizzie walked over and asked for the coordinates. After she was given the numbers she put them in.

"Everyone on board?!" Lizzie shouted. There was a mix of 'yeahs' and 'yeps' from the other and Lizzie clicked the 'Enter' button. The pathway leading onto the boat disappeared and the boat started moving.

"What about the island?" Will asked.

"The mainlands only a day away and it will only take a couple hours to find Grace. So it'll be a three day trip at most." Lizzie explained.

"Plus we need a feather from a horse." Max added.

"And two strands of red from life? What does that even mean?" Cory said. The others shrugged but Ross.

"Well I know where to get a feather from a horse." Scott said. Ross mumbled something in Shelby's ear and she took him to a more secluded place.

"What did you want to say?" Shelby asked the smaller boy.

"I have a bad feeling." Ross said in a worried tone.

"I do too." Shelby said.

"What are you guys talking about?" They heard a voice say. They jumped and turned to see Max.

"N-nothing!" Ross said a little loud, turning pink and clamping his hand over his mouth.

"We weren't talking about anything in particular. Just cousin-stuff ya know." Shelby said cheerfully.

"Really?" He asked. Shelby nodded grabbing Ross' hand and running off back to the rest of the group. Max followed behind them. Ross sighed and his face turned back to normal.

"I'm still worried." Ross mumbled to Shelby. Shelby nodded and squeezed his hand for comfort.

"It'll be fine. I'll make sure nothing happens to you, promise." Shelby reassured. Ross nodded smiling.

If only she was right.

Immediately the sun started to darken out and it was pitch black. A scream was heard and Shelby no longer felt Ross' hand in hers. The light came back and Ross was gone.

"Guys, Jin disappeared!" Adam shouted.

"So did Ross!" Shelby shouted back. Lightning stuck and a laugh was heard. Redirecting their attention to the laugh they saw five floating figures. The hooded figure was with Oli and Sasha. Oli was holding Jin and Sasha had Ross.

"Ross!" Shelby shouted. The laugh was heard again and the hooded figure floated down.

"Here." It said as it handed a piece of paper to a certain high-pitched female. The hooded figure, Oli, Sasha, Jin, and Ross disappeared and Shelby quickly read the paper.

"Well?" Adam asked. Shelby then read the paper exactly off to the rest of the group.

''Your friends hide in the skull of the island but a choice is to be made.' (It's not meant to rhyme)

"What does it mean?" Cory said after Shelby read the paper.

"Skull of the island. A choice to be made?" Joel mumbled to himself.

"I know where they are but I don't know about the choice we need to make." Joel said louder.

"Where?" Adam said.

"They're in the skull building on our island but we don't have time." Joel said.

"No! We have to save them!" Aph said along with Shelby.

"I mean I can take four people with me through my shadow," Cory said.

"It'd be faster and we could take two people so I can bring both Jin and Ross back.

"Something tells me we need to take another." Shelby said.

"I can only transport 5 people including myself." Cory said. Lizzie nodded.

"Who goes with Cory?" She said. Shelby raised her hand.

"Ross won't go with anyone else." Shelby said.

"I say Max goes since he's fire." Adam said.

"K, then I'm taking Shelby and Max." Cory said.

"Wait! We never said this was okay!" H yelled.

"It's the only way to get them back!" Shelby called. H stood still then mumbled an 'okay'. Cory nodded and Lizzie led them to a room.

"I'm going to turn off the lights and keep them off so you can return." She said turning off the lights and shutting the door.

"You sure you can go that far?" Max said to Cory.

"I'm not sure but it's worth a shot." Cory said shutting his eyes and grabbing hold of Shelby and Max..

"If we die, I'm blaming you." Shelby said.

"Fine with me." Cory said transporting them to the island. It felt like a few minutes but no time had passed. They landed with a thump in a dark room.

"Shelby." Cory said. Shelby nodded and held a hand out in front of her. A little ball of light was created and they stood up.

"My back hurts." Max said popping his back.

"It should." Cory said walking forwards.

"The magic trio on a mission to save our friends." Shelby muttered.

"The magic trio?" Cory asked.

"I don't know. We're magic and there's three of us." Shelby said.

"There are more of us ya know." Max said.

"Yeah.' Shelby said. They had been walking for who knows how long until Shelby came across another note on the floor. Shelby picked it up.

"Hey guys wait up. I found something." She said reading the note to the others.

'You've found the second clue but, in one room lies your friends. The choice will be made. A choice for life or death.'

"Yay more puzzles." Max said unamused.

"This one's actually quite simple. Our friends are in one of these rooms." Cory said looking in front of them. The stood a long hallway with many doors.

"Crap." Max said looking at the hallway along with Cory.