((Chapter 8))

{Previously ~ "Go!" Joel yells.}

{3rd person}

When Joel said that Cory summoned a large black scythe and rushed towards Shelby to attack. Shelby dodges and summons her own weapon. It was a long white broadsword. The two clashed and blocked. It was an intense battle and Cory was on the offensive. Fighting wasn't Shelby's strong suite but she was good at dodging. Eventually, they tried to use their powers. Cory would slip in and out of the shadows while Shelby was still trying. It was getting harder and harder to dodge Cory's attacks. He learned from every attack and tried new attacks when he learned enough info on Shelby's dodging skills. It's like he was a professional assassin.

'If Cory can teleport in the dark shouldn't I be able to do something similar?' Shelby thought.

Taken out of her thoughts by Cory's newest attack she ran a safe distance away. She thought about a way to use the light to her advantage. She had an idea. She let Cory keep attacking while she planned it out and smirked when she got it. She jumped away from Cory and bended the light to make her invisible. When it worked she did a little victory dance in her head. Cory was on edge and was looking around the room, mouth slightly agape.

Shelby, knowing she had the advantage, created a clone of her by bending the light. When Cory did see it, he attacked. Swinging his scythe the clone dodged at a faster speed. If Cory did land a hit it would go straight through the clone so Shelby had to keep on her toes. When she made the clone disappear again she quietly walked up to Cory from behind. She created the clone again but right in front of Cory. He froze and Shelby slipped the dull side of the blade of her sword in front of his neck. She became visible and the clone disappeared again. Cory, seeing the sword, surrendered.

"Shelby wins." Joel said. Shelby made her sword disappear and walked back to the others, a happy smile on her face. Cory did the same only frowning in defeat. He wasn't to butthurt though. That was a beautiful performance Shelby made. The room shifted back into it's plain state.

"So, now that the battles are done we can move on to the next subject." Lizzie said smiling.

"What is the next subject?" Adam asked.

"What'd I miss?" a voice said. Everyone turned to the voice to see Yammy leaning on the wall tiredly.

"You're supposed to be in bed!" Lizzie nearly shouted.

"I'm fine just a little drowsy." Yammy said nearly falling off the wall she was leaning on. Lizzie rushed to her and held her up. Slinging Yammy's arm around her shoulder, Lizzie walked to the table that had formed in the room. Sitting Yammy down Lizzie also motioned for the others to sit. They did and Lizzie started talking again.

"Anyways, back to the subject. Powers." She said. The kids nodded.

"We'll start with Fire. Max, you are able to control fire and create fire. If you are touched by fire you won't burn. If you touch Aphmau you will feel the pain of being burnt. You can create new types of attacks by combining your power with someone else's. For instance a fire storm." Lizzie said mainly towards Max.

"So I can't touch Aph?" Max repeated. Lizzie nodded.

"Next up, Wind. Adam, you are able to control the wind and you are able to fly by manipulating it. You can also make others fly. You can also create new types of attacks by combining your power with someone else's. For instance a storm." Lizzie told Adam. He nodded.

"Water. Aphmau, you can control water, create it, an swim in it at incredible speeds. You can also breathe underwater. If you touch Max you will feel like your drowning. You can create new types of attacks by combining your power with someone else's. For instance a hurricane." Lizzie told Aph.