!!Chapter 9!!

{Previously ~ Joel led them back to the huts and they went to sleep for the night.}

{3rd person}

After Joel had led the kids back to the hut he headed to see Lizzie and Yammy who were currently at Yammy's hut. When he arrived he saw Lizzie trying to put Yammy to bed but she was refusing.

"I don't wanna!" Yammy shouted sounding like a child.

"The darkness has really been affecting you! This is for your health!" Lizzie countered.

"Yammy, I need you to go to bed." Joel said trying to help Lizzie. Yammy pouted.

"Is that an order?" She teased.

"Yes. That was an order. Now, that bed seems pretty empty to me." Joel retorted seriously.

"Fine!" Yammy said getting into the bed. Lizzie sighed and left the hut with Joel. They headed towards their huts as Lizzie broke the silence between them,

"Joel, what are we gonna do about her? She's starting to de-age." She said concerned.

"De-age?" Joel asked.

"Yea, she's acting younger everyday. Not to mention the fact that she's losing her memory." Lizzie said.

"That's strange. This didn't happen with Scott and Sasha." Joel said.

"I know. Maybe Oli didn't put the same stuff on her." Lizzie said.

"I think so too. But what would be the purpose in that? Wouldn't the cloaked figure want her on his side?" Joel asked.

"Well, you did take our powers away so he may not need us." Lizzie debated.

"True." Joel said.

"Speaking of taking away, what do you think they did with Subject S?" Joel asked.

"I don't know but let's hope it's not life-threatening." Lizzie said.

"Everything we do is life-threatening." Joel said. Lizzie giggled and placed a kiss on his cheek. They had arrived at their huts and he hadn't noticed.

"Night." Lizzie said going into her hut. Joel stood there blushing before smiling and heading into his hut.

~In The Morning~

Joel had woken up and went to wake the kids up. On the walk their he had thought about last night and was smiling the whole way there. When the kids did wake up he took them to the white room where Lizzie and Scott were talking.

"Have you told him about Yammy?" Joel asked entering the room a small frown on his face. Lizzie nodded. The table had appeared and all 13 people had sat down.

"What do you mean? What happened to Yammy?" Shelby asked concerned.

"She's just going through a rough time." Lizzie said not wanting to worry the children.

"You know what why don't I take you guys to the training room so Lizzie and Joel can talk. Ok?" Scott told the children. He stood up and the kids followed him reluctantly.

"What are we going to do about Yammy?" Joel asked Lizzie.

"We could go to the Grand Library and read up on it?" Lizzie suggested.

"Ugh. I don't want to deal with them right now." Joel said.

"What's wrong with the Grand Hosts?" Lizzie asked.

"Nothing it's just a lot of them are on vacation and they had left three behind. Who also happened to be the most annoying people in the world." Joel complained.

"Anything else?" Lizzie asked knowing that wasn't the only reason.

"They live on an island really far away and I'll get seasick." Joel said putting his head in his hands.

"Ok, but that might be the only way to help Yammy. Plus, we might find a way to counter the death cloud." Lizzie reasoned. Joel sighed and nodded.

"I guess the kids could practice on the boat." Joel said.

"How far is their island?" Lizzie asked.

"Time-wise, about two weeks." Joel said.

"And how long are the Grand Hosts on vacation?" Lizzie asked.

"As far as I know a month or two." Joel said.

"Well I guess were have to start packing!" Lizzie said standing up from her chair. Joel took his head out of his hands and looked at her unhappily. She giggled.

"Come on, I know you love me!" Lizzie said jokingly. Joel blushed and turned his head away.

"Uh.. about last night.." Joel said. Lizzie sat back down and Joel turned to her.

"Sorry. It was a kinda in the moment type thing." Lizzie said tilting her head down so her hair covered her red face.

"No, no. You don't have to be sorry. It was just unexpected." Joel said trying to calm her down. Lizzie's head came back up as Scott entered the room.

"So what's the plan?" He asked. Lizzie explained as he sat down.

"How are the kids going to react? I mean they just got here and now there going to take a two week trip over the ocean?" Scott said. Lizzie and Joel shrugged. Scott sighed.

"I'll go tell them." He said.

"No, I think we'll all go." Lizzie said. Scott nodded and the three left the room. They pushed the door to the training door open. They were greeted by the kids siting on the floor in front of the dummies talking..

"A-hem." Joel said getting their attention. They looked over to him.

"We have things to tell you." Lizzie said. Lizzie, Joel, and Scott sat down in front of the kids. The kids looked concerned.

"We are going on your first mission." Joel said.

"But, we haven't even practiced on our powers!" Jin said.

"It's not a combat mission. More like a 'we're collecting something' mission." Joel said. Jin nodded.

"Where are we going?" Ross asked.

"We are going to The Island of Screams." Joel said. The kids faces turned to a look of fear