Chapter 18

A/N: I know I'm writing this book, but honestly, Gerard and Frank are annoying me as I write this

Anyways, enjoy xoxo ~J

"I'm so glad school is almost over!" Pete exclaimed, letting out a deep sigh. "In just a few month, which I guess works out."

"Yeah, I guess," Dodie shrugged.

We all stared at her with questioned looks and she just shrugged again, smiling softly.

"All I'm saying is I'm probably going to miss school," Dodie corrected.

"Ew, babe, why would you say that?" Melanie scrunched up her nose.

"Uhm, 'babe'?" I asked and they looked at me. "How much did I miss?"

"Not much," Pete laughed. "So what's been going on with you two?"

Ryan and I exchange looks, chuckling nervously as we don't know what to say.

"Brendon and I are hanging out later," Ryan replied.

I let out a small gasp when I felt a squeeze on my thigh, making the gang look at me strangely. I blushed softly and look down, finding Ryan's hand on my thigh.

I looked up again, "I'm not with Gerard anymore."

"What?" They all asked with disbelief except Ryan.

"I don't want to talk about it," I muttered.

"Why?! I finally listened to his music and now you're not with him?" Melanie frowned. "What a load of bullshit!"

"Calm down, sweetheart," Dodie mumbled, wrapping an arm around Melanie.

"Why did you two break up?" Pete pushed, raising his eyebrows as he grabbed his cup of coffee to take a sip.

"He doesn't want to talk about it," Ryan said as his hand rubbed my thigh beneath the table. "Let's just change the subject."

I nodded and thanked Ryan silently. He nodded and I felt his hand going further up my thigh, it was comforting but it sent a feeling in my stomach.

"So, how about that new movie?" Pete asked, switching glances between all of us.

"What new movie...?" I raised my eyebrows.

"I don't know, I'm just trying to make-"

The bell that was on top of the front door of the shop rang, indicating that someone has entered. We all looked up, always curious to who came in.

It was no one we knew though.

"As I was saying, I was trying to make conversation," Pete finished.

"I think I'm heading home," Melanie decided, sighing as she stood up from her seat. She looked at Dodie, "you coming, darling?"

"I hope so," Dodie grinned, standing up.

"And you guys say we're gross," Ryan muttered.

"That's because you guys are," Melanie laughed and waved at us before she held Dodie's hand and walked out, the bell ringing again.

"Man, it must be nice," Pete sighed out, leaning back in his seat.

"What do you mean?" I asked, leaning forward to sip at my vanilla milkshake.

"I'm guessing something went on between you and Ryan," Pete guessed.

My eyes widened and I felt Ryan squeeze my thigh, making me let out a small gasp.