Chapter 21

A/N: We did it! It's the last chapter! I will post an epilogue though and so like every chapter...

Enjoy this one :) ~J

"Why did you leave me?" I cried, clinging onto to Gerard's chest as he wrapped his arms around my waist, holding onto me tightly, his chin resting on top of my head.

"I'm sorry, little one. I'm so sorry," he continued apologizing for over forty five minutes.

The moment was interrupted when Gerard's cell phone began to ring. He didn't answer it though and instead continued holding me, but the sound didn't stop and that annoyed me.

"Answer it," I suggested, my voice sounding dry.

Gerard sighed and nodded before he pulled his arms away from me, and I couldn't help but feel empty from the lost of his warm touch again. I hugged myself as Gerard answered the ringing phone, putting it on speaker afterwards.

"Gerard, what the hell were you thinking?" A feminine voice raised their voice through the line.

"Mother, I need you stay calm-"

"Stay calm? Stay calm?! You left that poor girl crying at the alter! Do you know how humiliating it is that your own son is the one-"

Gerard sighed and hung up on her, setting his phone inside his pocket again. He looked at me with a sad smile and reached forward to me, and I felt his soft hand stroke me cheek. I leaned into the touch, my eyes closing softly and I heard Gerard chuckle.

"I love you, little boy," he whispered.

"I love you, too, daddy," I replied, my eyes opening again to find Gerard smiling at me.

But, then, the moment had to yet be interrupted again.

Gerard let out a frustrated sigh and took his phone out of his pocket again before frowning, looking at the screen for a small time.

"What is it?" I asked, leaning closer.

"The call is from my grandma's house," he said.

"Just answer," I pushed, getting on my knees to look closer.

Gerard answered the phone, but didn't bother putting it on speaker. He put the phone against his ear as he listened.

"Yes, I have... Yes, Grandma, What are you saying?" Gerard frowned, talking through the other line before he let out a chuckle. "You can sometimes be a sneak... Soon... Of course... Maybe... Alright, bye, Grandma... Yes, I love you, too."

And with that, he hung up.

"What did she say?" I asked.

"Something you never would've expected," he replied, chuckling as he shook his head.

"I- I don't understand," I frowned.

"You don't have to, baby boy," he smiled and held me again. "There's some things better left unknown."

"Oh, okay...."

The door knocked and my head perked up. The door slowly opened and Ryan entered the room, smiling awkwardly as he waved at us.

"How are you doing, Frankie?" he asked.

"I'm doing better," I said with a nod, "Thank you for being here, Ryan."

He smiled softly and nodded at Gerard. "I'm gonna go home, but if you need me, call me, alright?"

"Of course, Ryro. Bye, bye," I smiled and he walked out. I looked at Gerard and he pulled a funny face, making me giggle, "You're a silly daddy!"