01: Beauty Is All She Is

Kaycee

"KAYCEE! Hurry up, dear or you'll be late!" My mom shouted from the kitchen as I packed up my things the fastest way possible.

"I'm coming!" I gave myself a final look in the mirror and ran downstairs.

Mom was waiting for me at the end of the stairs. She raised an eyebrow and gave me a look of disapproval.

I flashed her an innocent smile.

"What did I told you about last minute packing?" She lectured while starting the car.

"Yes, yes, I'm sorry. I'll try not to do it again." I raised my hands in surrender. "I promise!"

Mom let out a sigh and with that, the full-of-lecture drive to the studio began.

"Hey," Sean greeted with a smile as he approached me and helped carry my things.

"Thanks," I breathed and returned the smile.

He's wearing a Kinjaz long sleeve, his all time favorite grey sweatpants and of course, the shoes that I gave him last Christmas.

"KAYCEE RICE!" Jojo suddenly appeared out of nowhere and pulled me into a tight hug. "God, I thought you wouldn't come!"

I laughed. I really love Jojo, she's not just a great choreographer but also a great person too.

"Oh no, I wouldn't miss your class." I said. It's true. I always look forward to her classes.

She beamed at me. "Well," examining the packed studio, "I think everyone's here. I guess we should start now?" She went in front so everybody could get a clear view of her.

"So, care to tell me why you're late?" Sean asked beside me, a smirk was playing on his lips.

"Oh please," I rolled my eyes. "Like you don't know the answer already." We both chuckled and before Sean could even tease me, Halsey's "Bad At Love" already came blasting on - signalling the start of class.

* * *

"Again, thank you!" Jojo made her final speech and bid us goodbye. Some people left but the majority stayed - including Sean and I.

Jake Kodish's class is up next and our friends are arriving soon to join us - Julian, Bailey, and Josh.

"Ugh, I'm tired." Sean said, sitting.

"Yeah, it's tiring but I really love the choreography, it's beautiful." I said and sat beside him - drinking some water.

It was a really beautiful choreo plus Jojo made Sean and I dance together which is even great.

"Yeah... beautiful," I heard him said and faced him.

"Thanks,"

"You're, I- what?"

"You said "beautiful" and you were looking at me so thanks,"

"W-what? No, I-I was talking about the choreo because you said-" I can see his face slowly turning pink which made me laugh even more.

"Sean, I was just kidding!"

"Oh," scratching the back of his head, "Yeah... yeah, of course... but you really are beautiful Kaycee, you know?"

I stopped laughing. Now it was my turn to become flustered. I can feel my cheeks heating. You can't just say something like that out of a sudden!

"I mean-" but Sean didn't finished his sentence, a group of people came bustling in noisily.

"GIIIIIIT!"

"SEAAAN! My Broski- Oh hey, Kaycee!" Julian greeted and gave us two a "meaningful" look before backing away.

"What's up with him?" I asked with a nervous laugh.

"Don't mind him," Sean replied, looking away.

"I- uh," I said standing up, "I'll just change my clothes. This one's soaked with sweat," gesturing the cropped top that I'm currently wearing.

He nodded and when I was sure that I'm completely out of his sight, I broke into a run and locked myself as soon as I got inside the restroom.

What the hell is wrong with Sean? Why would he say that out loud? Oh my god, seriously now.

"Okay, deep breaths Kaycee, deep breaths." Looking at myself in the mirror. I've already changed my top.

"Now, you're going to act like nothing happened, okay?" And with that, I went back to the studio and greeted my friends.

On the corner of my eye, I can see Sean talking to Bailey and suddenly I felt a pang in my chest. Odd...

A/N:

Hi guys! I know that the first chapter was really lame but please, PLEASE, give this story a chance. I'm still on the process of figuring out the WHOLE plot.