05: Instagram Stories

Author's POV

"Kayc... Kayc," Sean said, knocking at his sister — Sarah's room that's currently occupied by Kaycee. It's now 8:00 in the morning. He already cooked breakfast for the both of them. Serris left earlier for work and now, it's just the two of them.

He heard a grunt inside followed by the sound of footsteps. The door in front of him opened, revealing a sleepy looking Kaycee. Her hair is in a messy bun and she's wearing one of Sean's sweatshirt that looks really oversized on her.

"Hey," she said, yawning. Her eyes are still closed as she raised her arms to stretch. Sean laughed at the sight of her and immediately felt guilty. He shouldn't have woken her til later.

"Good morning," Sean greeted, smiling at her. "Breakfast's ready. C'mon," and pulled Kaycee by the arm. The latter didn't say anything, she's too sleepy to do so.

***

9:03 am

"Kaycee!" Her head spun around and saw Sean holding his phone — recording her. She just simply smiled. She's used to it. Sean always take photos/videos of her.

"Perfect," Sean muttered under his breath so only he could hear it. He smiled at his work and without further ado, posted it onto his Instagram story.

"Nice," Kaycee beamed at him. She just viewed Sean's IG story. "Now it's your turn!"

"What?" Kaycee started recording him. "Oh please, Kaycee Rice," and he started laughing.

"There, posted." said Kaycee, sticking out her tongue at Sean while holding up her phone.

"Fair enough," said Sean. His notifications are now blowing up. A LOT of people are now replying to his recent story even his friends. Ugh, here we go again, he thought to himself and opened Julian's message.

juliandeguz13: Sweet! Hanging out first thing in the morning, eh? 🤔

He chuckled. Their friends didn't know that Kaycee spent the night at his house and he doesn't have any plans to let them know. He knows that once they found out, they'll tease them even more. He didn't reply to Julian's message. He just turned off his phone and focused his attention to Kaycee instead.

"Do you know what time they'll fetch you?" asked Sean. Kaycee looked at him, putting down her phone.

"They didn't say anything," Kaycee replied, "but I guess they'll be here soon."

Sean just nodded. The two of them fell silent and flashbacks of yesterday's dinner immediately came on his mind. Serris, he shaked his head, as if it will shake the flashbacks off his mind too.

Kaycee watched Sean as he shaked his head. She chuckled, "What're you doing, Sean?"

Sean stopped, "Oh, nothing," he said and chuckled too. He must've look crazy or something.

They fell silent again. Sean cleared his throat, he suddenly felt awkward. What the heck? He thought to himself. Why does he feel awkward? He never felt awkward around her, it's never like this with her. But then he thought of Serris and his friends, maybe that's why, he thought to himself. Yeah, maybe that's why.

Again, he cleared his throat. "Do you have any classes tonight?" He asked.

"Yeah, I have Nika, you?"

"Really? I have her too!" Sean smiled at her, "It's been a while since I last took her class."

"Me too," said Kaycee, "Do you want me to pick you up later? I mean, you've let me spent the night here,"

"Sure," he shrugged. "Laura won't mind?"

"Nah, I don't think Mom will ever mind when it comes to you." Kaycee replied, chuckling. Sean has always been close to her family just like her to Sean's. They even go to each other's family trips.

"Uh, hey," said Sean, changing the topic. "I'll be teaching next week. Are you gonna be– I mean, I'm not forcing you or anything, just asking– but, yeah, will you come?"

"Of course!" Kaycee beamed at him. "When have I ever miss your class! Silly,"

Sean's face lit up at what he heard. She's right, she never misses his class — not even one. She has always been there for him.

"Oh," said Sean, scratching the back of his head. "Right,"

"I'm so excited for your choreo!" Kaycee exclaimed, clapping her hands.

"As much as I wanna show you, I can't," said Sean, shrugging, "It's not yet done. I still have a lot of steps to add,"

"That's okay," said Kaycee cheerfully, "I'm just gonna wait til next week,"

The two spent another 30 minutes talking about random things. Later more than that, Brad and Laura — Kaycee's parents, finally arrived.

"Thanks for letting Kaycee spend the night here, Sean." said Brad, tapping Sean on his shoulders. Sean just smiled. The Rices are now inside their car.

Kaycee rolled down her window. "Thanks again, Sean," she smiled sweetly, "See you later!"

Sean waved at her as Brad drove off. He didn't went back inside their house until the car was out of his sight. *ding* His thoughts were immediately cut off by his phone. It was Josh.

officialjoshprice: #SEAYCEE is real. 😎💙

Sean groaned and went back inside. Scrolling through his DMs that all seems to be about is his recent story.

A/N:

Just thinking... do you want to have any love triangle here or nah?