09: Cold Treatment

Kaycee's POV
Day 02

"Sean," I ran to catch up with his pace. Why do I always end up catching people? "Sean, hey!" I grabbed his arm. He stopped running and looked at my hand. I immediately dropped it.

"Sean," I started, trying to meet his gaze. But he's eyes are focused on the view afar, his hands on his pockets, and his face is blank. He's been like this to me since he found out that Bailey and I exchanged partners. "Look, I was just trying to help Bailey. Clearly, she doesn't want Ken to be her partner,"

"Well I don't want her to be mine!"

There was a pause between us. I admit, I'm slightly taken aback. I've never seen him like this before and I guess he was slightly taken aback too, his breathing was hard. He murmured a "Sorry," and started to walk away.

I ran to catch up with him again. Seriously, those legs of him are making it hard for me to keep up with his pace.

"Sean, please," But he continued walking as if he didn't hear me. "I didn't knew you would take it like this. Seriously, Sean, it's not actually a big deal you know, you just have to dance with Bailey and I have to dance with Kenneth..." I trailed off. He glared at me at the sound of Kenneth's name. What's up with him?

"Please, Sean," I grabbed him arm again, but this time I didn't let go of it even though he's still glaring at me. "I don't want us to be like this."

"Well, maybe you should've thought of that first before making a decision without telling me!" And with that, he jerked his arm free and walked away.

I stood completely frozen. I can't believe it. This is the first time that we've fought. Actually, no, we're not fighting, he's fighting me, I'm not.

We've spent the rest of the day swimming with Sean, obviously keeping his distance from mine. Bailey looks fine now, the evidence of what happened last night does not show on her face. Kenneth, however, is less likely his self.

When the afternoon came, I went to stroll with my best friends — Tahani and Tati, by the sea shore. I told them what happened and asked for their opinions with Sean's new behaviour towards me.

"Well, he has a point," Tati said. I quickly looked at her. "I mean, you should've told him first, Kayc,"

"Yeah, I get that already." I said, "But, don't you think he's being too harsh on me? I mean, it's not really a big deal if you think about it. He just have to dance with Bailey, that's all! It's not like I'm forcing him to date her or whatever,"

"W-well yeah, you got a point. It's not really a big deal but Kayc, he clearly doesn't want you to dance with Ken because he li–" Tahani shot a look at Tati. Tati immediately stopped talking and looked away.

"What? Why doesn't he want me to dance with Kenneth?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at them. "Tati, what was it you're saying?" But Tati, like Sean, avoided my gaze.

"Uh, H–he doesn't want you to dance with Ken b–because, because..." Tati shot another glance at Tahani but she avoided her eyes too.