25: Halloween Nights

Author's POV

"What movie d'you reckon we should watch?" asked Tati, sitting on Gabe's lap. They're pretty much a thing now, after a year of being secretly in love with each other, finally.

"Hm... what about Annabelle? Or Cult of Chucky? Oooh, let's watch Dead Silence!" said Tahani with excitement in her eyes. "Sean, what do you think?"

"Nah, there's no way I'm going to watch those movies." said Sean, resting his head on Kaycee's shoulder. "Everything you've said include dolls!"

"Well, I love dolls, that's why and everything I've said are such good movies!" Tahani raised her eyebrow and turned for Kaycee's help. "Kayc?"

Kaycee opened her mouth and closed it again. She doesn't know what to say. Should she agree with her best friend or her boyfriend?

"Uh... I guess we shouldn't watch those movies, T, you know that Sean's not that fond of dolls and–"

"Wha– I can't believe you!" Tahani uttered in total disbelief and turned for Tati's help who just merely gave her a shrug. She stood gaping at her friends for a few seconds before letting out sigh of resignation. "Fine, then. No dolls."

A victorious grin spread all over Sean's face. He kissed his girlfriend on the cheek and murmured,

"I love you."

Kaycee bit her lower lip to suppress a smile and gave her boyfriend a soft nudge. She's still feeling a little guilty for not taking Tahani's side.

They're currently at Tati's house to spend Halloween. Unfortunately, only the five of them could make it. Julian went on a date with Chloe and so are Bailey and Kenneth whilst Josh's spending the night at his grandma's, which, according to him, sucks.

"All right, Gabe and I will prepare the movies," Tahani clapped her hands. "Why don't you three go and buy us some food?"

"Right." Kaycee stood up, pulling Sean with her. "Tahani, it's okay if you don't wanna come. Sean and I will–" but Tahani had already made her way to the door.

"Let's go." Sean let out a sigh and gave Kaycee's hand a squeeze before following Tahani.

***

Kaycee and Tahani went on a nearby convenience store while Sean volunteered to go at the pizza place – which is not that far from where they are. The two had already bought their snacks and now just waiting for Sean.

"T, are you mad?" mumbled Kaycee, breaking the silence between her and her best friend. "Look, I'm sorry for what happened earlier. It's just that I'm concerned with Sean, he's–"

"Kayc, I'm not mad." Tahani chuckled. "I'm just... quite sad that Josh is not here, you know and besides, I totally understand Sean's situation. Your boyfriend's scared of dolls."

"Oh... yeah, scared of dolls." Kaycee chuckled and let out a sigh of relief internally. "Well, don't be sad. I'm sure that Josh would make it up to you. He's just... stuck–"

"– with his grandma. Yeah," Tahani finished the sentence for her, nodding. "Oh, look! Sean's here. Come on, Kayc."

"What took you so long?" Tahani asked once they approached Sean who's holding three boxes of pizza. "Wait, is that Pepperoni?"

"Well, the guy in front of me ordered 10 boxes of pizza," replied Sean as they started to walk back to Tati's. "And yeah, it's Pepperoni."

"Nice!" Tahani clapped her hands and watched a group of kids in costumes pass by. "Shame, we should've dressed up too."

"Hell nah," Sean murmured and looked at Kaycee's full hands. "Hey, is that heavy? Here, let me–"

"Oh, no it's okay–" but Sean had already took one of the bags from her. "Sean, really, it's not that heavy."

"I know. I just want to be a good boyfriend," Sean gave her a wink and look away.

"Ugh, will you two please stop it!" Tahani groaned. "Seriously, I hate being a third wheel to the both of you."

"Sorry, Tahani." Sean murmured, chuckling.

They got back at Tati's and started their movie marathon. Finally, after watching five movies in a row, they decided to call it a night. Gabe, Tahani, and Sean have already fallen asleep on the couch.

"Ugh, these two." Tati let out a groan and rolled her eyes as she tried to wake up Tahani and Gabe – who won't even budge. "Seriously, now."

After a few more efforts, Tati decided to leave her. She let out an exasperated sigh and turned to Kaycee who just finished laying a blanket on Sean and gave him forehead kiss.

"You really love him, don't you?" Tati smiled.

Kaycee quickly turned to Tati, slightly startled, and gave her an awkward smile.

"When are you planning to tell him?" said Tati in a hushed voice and Kaycee's smile immediately faltered. "You can't keep it from him, Kayc. He deserves to know about it. That way, it'll be easier for him to move on."

"I know," Kaycee sighed and looked away, not wanting Tati to see her face. "I just... need a little more time and then I'll tell him–" She walked towards her best friend and held her hand. "–but for now, I just need you to keep it a secret from everyone. Okay?"

"Yeah... yeah, of course." Tati nodded and gave her a reassuring smile. "Come on, we better sleep now too or we might wake these kiddos up."

"Yeah," Kaycee smiled, settling herself beside Sean. "Goodnight, Tati."

"Goodnight, Kayc."

A/N:

5k reads? Woah! 💙💙💙 Sorry for the late update (again) guys. 😅 I just really don't have any idea on what I should write for this chapter but I hope it turned out well. :))) Comment down below your thoughts and don't forget to vote! I'll try my best to post another chapter later BUT no promises.

GIIIT ~