19: Confrontation

Author's POV

Kaycee squeezed her way into the swarm of people. Walking on tiptoes to find the guys she's looking for. It wasn't easy. The lights are dimmed and everyone's dancing their hearts out in a music she's unfamiliar with.

"Yaaas, Sean!" exclaimed a girl from a distance.

Kaycee's head quickly jerked to her side. There, she saw the familiar jet black haired guy dancing with no other than the girl she badly wanted to strangle. She quickly walked towards their direction, pushing anyone who comes into her way.

"Hey, watch where you're going–! Kaycee?" It's Taylor. She almost spilled her drink but Kaycee didn't even stop to look at her. "Kaycee, where are you going! Kayc–"

Kaycee finally reached the spot where Sean and Tate are. The two immediately stopped dancing at her presence. Tate shot an eyebrow up at her, an evidence of annoyance flashed on her face.

"What do you want, Kaycee?" said Tate, trying her best not to roll her eyes.

"Sean, I need to talk to you." said Kaycee, ignoring Tate's presence.

"Can't you see he's busy?" said Tate, her voice slightly raised. "Come on, Sean, let's just go dance somewhere else."

Tate linked her arm on Sean's and was about to stir them away when Kaycee, without thinking, yanked Tate's hair.

"What the fu– Let go of me, bitch!" Tate said furiously, trying to reach for Kaycee's blue hair. "Are you crazy? Let go of–"

"What's happening?" Bailey emerged from the crowd with Kenneth behind her. The two of them saw what's happening and quickly ran to stop them.

Sean, however, stood frozen on his spot. His hands on his pockets, obviously taken aback from what's happening in front of him.

"You bitch!" Tate finally abled to push Kaycee and was about to slap her when a hand stopped her. "Sean? Let go of me! Didn't you see what this bitch did to me?! She's craz-!"

"Stop it." Sean said in a low voice, firmly gripping Tate's elbow. His eyes piercing through Tate's, a hint of danger flashed upon them.

"B–but Sean! Look what she did to my hai–" but Tate didn't finished her sentence for Sean let go of her elbow and dropped it with a force.

"And if you still wants us to be friends, never... ever ... call her a bitch," Sean said. He gave her another look before turning to Kaycee.

"Sean..." Kaycee mumbled, her voice on the verge of breaking. Sean grabbed her hand and pulled her with him as the latter stormed out of the room, still furious and leaving their friends shocked.

"Unbelievable." Tate huffed. "What are you looking at?! The show's over!"

***

"I'm sorry." Kaycee mumbled. They're on the balcony. "I know I shouldn't have done that. I just... really wanted to talk to you."

Sean took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

"Sean... I," Kaycee started but was immediately cut off.

"What do you want to talk about?" said Sean coldly, keeping a safe distance on Kaycee.

"Sean, I just..." said Kaycee. Not really knowing what to say next. "Why are you avoiding me?"

"Seriously, Kaycee?" Sean snapped. Puffing out an air and looking at her disbelievingly. "I've just literally confessed my heart out to you and then you walked away without saying anything. Tell me, Kaycee, how am I supposed to face you after that? Oh, and for the record, it was you who avoided me first."

Kaycee opened her mouth... and closed it again. Then, she heaved out a sigh. ""I... I'm sorry. I shouldn't have walked away from you. I was, was scared! I didn't know what to do or... or what to say, alright? But I came back! And... and you weren't there. Serris told me you went out on a date with Tate... so I avoided you."

Sean looked at her incredulously. Obviously taken aback from the new information he just heard.

"Oh my god... Seris..." He muttered under his breath, making a mental note to confront her sister later.

"I was... jealous of you and Tate." Kaycee mumbled and Sean's expression softened right away. "I hate to see another girl making you laugh. I want it to just... just be me. Sean, I'm sorry if it took me so long to realise this but... Sean, I like you, too. You're so kind and you're always there for me. You make me wanna work on myself to become a better person. The way you look at me and smile, makes my heart skip a beat." Kaycee leaned in, so her forehead rested against his. They close their eyes and feel each other's breathe.

For a moment, they stayed like that. Then, Sean pressed his lips against Kaycee's and at once, the world fell away.

It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled.

She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.

"Sean, you're my home too."

A/N:

Whew... that was quite a challenge for me to write but I hope I did well. *fingers crossed* How was it? Are you guys still alive after reading this chapter? Because I swear, I was internally screaming as I typed the last part! AHHH!!!

What time is it on your place? It's afternoon here and it's so hot. Ugh. Anyway, I miss Sean's daily posts on his IG story. Oh well, I guess our smol bean's just busy.

Comment down below your thoughts about this chapter and don't forget to vote!!! 💙