11: I'm Sorry

Author's POV
Day 03

"About time!" Tahani said as Kaycee walked in to join them eat breakfast. She's the last one to wake up. "Good morning, sleepy head." Kaycee rolled her eyes on her best friend and took the last remaining seat which is beside Kenneth.

Sean's head immediately shot up and his eyes focused on the two in front of him — Kaycee and Kenneth.

"Good morning," Kenneth smiled at Kaycee, passing her a piece of toast. The latter gave him a quick thanks and ate her food in silence.

Sean looked away, focusing his attention back on his food and joined the conversation between the two Josh, pretending to listen but actually just trying hard not to look at Kaycee again.

Noon came and they all decided to go outside to wait for Janelle and Will. The couple left early in the morning and told them that they'll be back at 1 o'clock pm.

True enough, when the clock struck at one, they saw two figures, walking side by side, towards them.

"Hi guys!" Janelle greeted. The group returned her greeting with a series of "Hey"s.

"Where have you been?" Taylor asked curiously.

"That, you'll find out soon enough," Will said. "Come on, follow us!" The group looked at each other. "Do you want to find out or not?" Will said, and without any further do, they followed the couple.

***

They finally reached the destination. Before them, stood five, small cottages — each one was clearly built for just two people. The group gaped at the sight in front of them, some (like Bailey) nervously glanced around.

"Now, for the first activity," Will started. "I want you to spend the rest of the afternoon there with your partners and... talk to them."

"Talk to them?" Josh Price said disbelievingly.

"Yes, Josh, talk to them," Will said, as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. "Communicate. Talk about things — the good and the bad, resolve you're issues," Will looked at Sean and Kaycee upon saying this, "Fix whatever needs to be fix." He turned to Kenneth and Bailey who both awkwardly smiled at him, "Is that clear?" The group nodded in response.

"Is that clear?" Will repeated in a much louder voice and everybody said "Yes."

"Well, what are you waiting for?" And with that, they all scrambled to their feet and made their way to the cottages.

Sean was about to approach Bailey when Janelle hold out her hand, "Uh, you're not going there, hun," Sean gave her a what-do-you-mean look. "You're back with Kaycee and Bailey's back with Ken," Sean didn't believe it at first but when he saw Kenneth walking towards Bailey, he turned around and went to Kaycee.

The two got inside their cottage, Sean shut the door behind him and took a seat opposite to Kaycee. They both looked around, Kaycee was drumming her fingers on the table, the both of them were determined to avoid each other's eyes.

But when the two have finally got tired of looking around and pretending how interesting the walls of the cottage are, they're eyes met.

"Uh," Sean cleared his throat. Kaycee immediately looked away, her cheeks are pink as ever. What now? Sean thought to himself, not really knowing what so say.

He thought that things would've been easier if they didn't fought. They wouldn't have to seat in silence and more importantly, he didn't need to think of what he's going to say next. It's your fault, stupid. He shook his thoughts away and focused on the girl in front of him instead.

"I thought you're going to partner up with Kenneth?" He started, thinking it's the best thing to say to start the conversation.

"Well, Bailey and I talked last night," Kaycee replied, "She said she shouldn't have agreed with me in the first place or... we wouldn't be fighting now." She said the last words in a hushed voice, it was almost inaudible.

"Oh," was all Sean could muster. Now he feels really guilty. I shouldn't have shouted at her last night, he thought. There was an awkward pause between them. Sean watched Kaycee as she stared on the ceiling, back on avoiding his gaze.

Without thinking, he reached and grab Kaycee's hand that's currently on the table. The latter quickly looked at him, startled, and was about to pull her hand from his but Sean hold it more firmly, determined not to let it go.

"Kayc," He started, looking directly into Kaycee's eyes. "I'm sorry for acting like a jerk. I know you just wanted to help Bailey. I shouldn't have shouted at you, I should have tried to understand your side, and..." Sean took a deep breath. "I shouldn't have left you crying last night, no, I shouldn't have made you cry. I'm really sorry, Kaycee. Damn, I'm so stupid–"

Kaycee placed her other hand on Sean's and gave it a squeeze. "It's okay, Sean," she gave him a smile. "I'm sorry, too. I should've asked for your opinion first before making a decision. It was all my fau–"

"No, it's my fault Kayc,"

"No, seriously, it's my fault,"

"Kaycee, it's not. It's my–"

The two looked at each other and realised what they're doing. Seconds later, they burst out laughing and that's when they knew they're finally okay.

The sun was already setting down when they heard Will and Janelle's shouts, telling them to come out.

They formed a semi-circle. Bailey caught Kaycee's eyes and gave her a look. Sean is standing beside the latter, he's back on his normal goofy self. Kaycee returned Bailey's look for Kenneth is also standing beside the latter. Their eye conversation was just cut off when Will clapped his hands.

"So, you've finally resolved your issues," He said, eyeing Sean, Kaycee, Bailey, and Kenneth. The others cheered and flashed a playful smile to the four. "You see, communication is the main key to a good relationship — it produces greater understanding between two people... and I hoped you learned that."

"Oh I certainly did," Sean muttered.

Kaycee looked up at him, chuckling. "We shouldn't get into a fight again."

"Yeah, we shouldn't," Sean said, nodding. "It wasn't a good idea, you know,"

"It wasn't, that's why we shouldn't do it again," Kaycee agreed and they both chuckled.

"All right, time to head back for dinner!"

A/N:

How was it? It took me forever to write this chapter. Phew. Hope you liked it!

Q: Where are you guys from? I want to know! (Comment down below your answers and don't forget to vote.)

Love ya mucho. 💙