08: A trip to Malibu and BaiKen

Kaycee's POV
Day 01

"WELCOME TO MALIBU!" Will happily exclaimed, earning cheers from everyone in response.

I gazed at the view in front of me. The sea looked dozy as it rested in the afternoon glow. The boys — Sean, Kenneth, Gabe, and the two Josh (Price and Beauchamp) are busy fooling around. While the girls — Bailey, Tati, Tahani, and Taylor (Hatala) are taking pictures. Julian didn't make it. He said he's busy working on his project. Bailey, however, came at the last minute. She was supposed to assist Matt with this classes but Matt let her come to this trip.

The purpose of this trip? Will and Janelle just announced that they're going on tour (they didn't announced when) and they're taking us with them! How cool is that? Oh, and back to the purpose of this trip. Right. The choreography is going to be more 'intense' and 'sensual'. Yup, I know but they already talked to our parents and they gave their consent.

That's why we're here. Will said we need to "get to know each other" and "be comfortable with one another" especially with our partners which they haven't decided on who's who yet.

"Okay, everybody!" Janelle gestured everyone to come closer. Standing beside her was Will who's right hand was draped in her shoulder. The boys came running, drenched in water. They probably decided to go swimming or something. Tati rolled her eyes at the sight of them and muttered, "boys."

"So, we already have here the list of partners which we're going to announce after dinner." Janelle said, "May I just please, please request that no matter who your partner is, don't complain. Is that clear?" There was a minute silence before murmurs broke out.

"Oooh, I hope he's my partner!" Tati whispered beside me and giggled. I smiled at her. I know how much she likes him.

"Is that clear?" Janelle repeated, much louder now. We all nodded. I honestly don't care who I'm going to be partnered up with since I'm pretty close with all of them. When Janelle saw our response, she beamed at us and clapped her hands. "Good! Now, it's time for dinner."

We broke into a series of "yay"s and "finally"s. I can't deny, I'm really hungry. Will led the way to the balcony where we're having our dinner. Oh, and I forgot to mention that we're staying in one of the beach houses that Will's family owned.

I settled on the nearest chair. A few seconds later, Sean occupied the seat beside me. Tahani walked away, pouting, and settling beside Tati. She was supposed to seat beside me but Sean beat him to it. I chuckled at the sight of this and Sean smiled at me, revealing his dimples.

Dinner was only served when everyone has finally settled in. The food was really good and the view in front of us was breathtaking.

"I'm quite disappointed you didn't cooked for us," I said to Sean jokingly.

He chuckled then went to pinch my nose. I gave his hand a tap and he continued with his food. "I was supposed to but Will said I should take a break first, he says I could do it tomorrow." He shrugged.

When there wasn't any remaining food left, Will cleared his throat and we all focused our attention to him. This is it, he's going to announce the partners.

Janelle handed Will his phone. "Alright," Now the air was filled with excitement. Tati and Tahani seems to forgot how to breathe. I stifled a laugh. Sean quickly looked at me and raised his eyebrow, I mouthed "nothing" and looked back at Will.

"Tay, you're partner is Josh... Beauchamp," Taylor grinned at Josh and they high fived. It wasn't actually a surprise. They've been a duo for quite a while now.

"Tahani, the other Josh." Tahani smiled widely and clapped her hands. Josh casually shrugged and we all laughed.

"Tati..." Tati gasped at the sound of her name and I saw her crossed her fingers. "Gabe," she let out a squeal and hugged Gabe who's seating beside her. There was a series of "Oooh"s from the boys.

It was now just Sean, Kenneth, Bailey, and me who's left. "Alright, alright," Janelle said and it was quiet again.

"Aaaaaand... BaiKenandSeaYcee," Janelle said it so fast that I didn't quite get it at first. But beside me, Sean was smiling from ear to ear. The boys were cheering, tapping Kenneth on his shoulder while Bailey looks like– Bailey looks like she's about to cry??????

Bailey stood up and quickly excused herself. The boys are now doing they're 'happy dance' and no one else seemed to notice this so I decided to follow her.

"Bai, Bailey!" I ran to catch up to her. We're now outside, she collapsed on the sand. She's facing the sea and her back turned to me.

"Bai," I said quietly and sat beside her. She continued to look at the sea. The waves were creeping steadily towards us. "Bai, what's wrong?" I put my arms around her and rested my head on her shoulder.

There was a long pause before she answered, "It's Kenneth..." surprisingly, her voice was quite steady. "I really liked him back then but, but he only treated me as a his younger sister," she rolled her eyes. "And then everyone was shipping us, this whole BaiKen thing, it was okay at first but- but," With this, her voice broke. I tightened my grip on her shoulders and gave it a squeeze. She continued talking, "But I guess he got annoyed so he started avoiding me. And now, we're about to partner up again, what if... what if–"

"Shhh, it's okay Bai, it's okay," I murmured. I know what Bailey went through. I witnessed it — her, trying to reach out to Kenneth but failing to do so.

"I'm just so afraid Kayc, I'm afraid that I'm going to start catching feelings for him again and... and he'll avoid me."

"Well," I hesitated at first and considered for a moment. "Well, we can exchange partners if you want to. You can work with Sean and I can work with Kenneth."

Bailey looked at me, "But Will and Janelle said–"

"I know, but I can talk to them." I shrugged. I'm not really sure if I'm doing the right thing and what will Sean say if he founds out but Bailey is my friend. A good one and I don't want her to be like this.

"Well? What do you think, Bai?"

A/N:

Yo! What do you think of this chapter?

So, as you can see, Kaycee's POV is much more longer and descriptive now. I hoped you like it though. I will start to make a few changes on the characters. Imagine, Sean with a cold personality. LMAO. That was just an example but who knows if I'll actually do it? ;)

*Do you think Bailey and Kaycee should exchange partners? Comment down below!

P.S. Have you seen Sean's previous IG story? He's wearing his WEIRDO merch and I literally screamed when I saw it.

Don't forget to vote!!!