22: Make It Official

Author's POV

A month had already passed since Sean and Kaycee started dating. Still, it's not yet official. Their family and (close) friends are the only ones who's aware of what's going on between the two but they reckon that some of their fans have figured it out by now.

Sean have been a lot more active on Instagram — leaving comments on Kaycee's posts and showing her off on his IG story every chance that he could which just made the fans a lot more suspicious and determined to know their real relationship status.

"Why can't you guys just... admit it to your fans already?" said Julian one time when they're hanging out. His and Josh's notifications were blowing up with DMs from SeaYcee shippers, asking them about the two. "I mean, it's been a month, you know? Maybe it's time for–"

"Yeah, that would be cool," said Josh, cutting off Julian. "But our friend here–" nudging Sean, "–haven't asked Kaycee the question yet."

"Speaking of the devil," Julian narrowed his eyes at Sean. "When are you exactly planning to do it?"

Sean rolled his eyes at the question and let out a groan.

"I told you, soon!"

"Yeah, but how soon is your soon?" asked Julian again but Sean ignored him and busied himself on his phone instead. "Fine, then." Julian resigned and went back on the couch, Josh gave him a "just-let-him" look as he passed by.

The truth is, Sean doesn't really know when he's going to do it. He's quite afraid, actually, that Kaycee might turned him down and tell him off. The thought has been keeping him up all night for the past few days.

***

"Sooo, are you guys a thing now or...?" asked Delaney, eyeing Sean and Kaycee suspiciously as she took a sip of water.

They just finished practicing one of the choreos that they're going to perform on tour with Will and Janelle — which, by the way, are only a few months away.

"Wha– What do you mean?" Kaycee let out a nervous chuckle and moved an inch away from Sean. "We're just... friends, you know?"

"Yeah, she's right." agreed Sean, nodding his head. "We're just friends Dee, like, totally."

"Okay, stop. You guys should drop that terrible acting now. It's not going to convince anybody," said Delaney, raising her eyebrow at the two.

How could they expect her to believe them when she just saw how the boy took care of Kaycee? As soon as they finished practicing the choreo, Sean gave her a bottle of water and asked if she's tired. Sure, he's always been caring towards her but today, Delaney felt something different.

"There's... something on the way you look at each other." said Delaney, pointing at the two in front of her. "Come on, spill it. Are you guys dating?"

Sean and Kaycee looked at each other, communicating through their eyes. Then, they turned to Delaney. Sean let out a sigh before speaking.