20: Kisses and Butterflies

Kaycee's POV

"Oooh, looks like someone had the best night of their lives." Kylie's voice greeted me as I went inside my bedroom. Ugh, what is is that she wants now?

"What are you doing here?" I asked, pulling my pillows away from her. "Let me just remind you that this is my room, Ky. Seriously, you're making it a habit staying here. It's getting kinda annoying, you know?"

"Chill, I just wanted to ask how your day was." Kylie raised her hands, surrendering. "No need to make a fuss about it but if you really want me out of here, then I'll be going now. I just thought it would be nice to have a little chitchat with my sister."

She got up and stride towards the door, flashing me an apologetic smile. Ugh, does she want me to feel guilty? If yes, it's totally working! I hate her. She was already about to open the door when I stopped her.

"Alright, alright. You could hang in here for a bit and... have a little chitchat with me." I sighed and her face immediately lit up. She walked back to my bed, beaming at me as she passed by.

"So, how was the party?" She asked and looked at me expectantly. With this, I quickly looked away as my mind recalled what happened a while ago.

Fuck. How come all I could think was the kiss?!

"It was... fun." I said plainly and went inside the bathroom to change into my pyjamas.

When I got out of the bathroom, Kylie narrowed her eyes and looked at me suspiciously. "You're not telling me something, Kaycee."

Shit.

"What do you mean?" I let out a nervous chuckle and busied myself by combing my hair but I could still see her suspicious gaze on my peripheral vision.

"Kaycee. Caitlin. Rice. Did something happened back at Bailey's?" Kylie said, her eyes narrowing than ever. "Come on, Sissy, you know you can tell me anything."

Ugh. Should I tell her? But... she's just going to tease Sean and I even more!

But before I could try to consider the idea, I opened my mouth and the words automatically came out.

"We kissed."

There was a brief moment of silence. Shock was etched on her face. She was definitely not expecting this.

"Sean and I... we kissed." I repeated once more, now looking straight into her eyes.

Then... came an ear-piercing shriek. "OH. MY. GOD. KAYCEE RICE, YOU JUST DID NOT!!!"

"Well, I just did." I said, rolling my eyes. "And keep your voice down, you're going to wake Mom and Dad up."

"I'm so proud of you!" She ran towards me and placed both of her hands on my shoulders. "The long wait is over. The ship has finally sailed!"

"Whatever." I said, trying hard not to smile.

Well, yeah, I guess the ship has indeed finally sailed.

***
Sean's POV

"You guys did what?!" exclaimed Josh and Julian at the same time. They're spending the night here at my house and I've just told them what happened earlier.

"We kissed, alright? And it's not even the first time–" Josh choked on his pizza and Julian quickly passed him a glass of water. Seriously, this guys. "–so don't act surprise. I already you that! I kissed her last week. Right after I admitted my feelings."

"Well, yeah but it's not like we could stop ourselves from being shocked, you know. This is Kaycee we're talking about! The girl you liked for many years, now admitted that she likes you back! How could you be so calm about this?!" Josh said, looking at me incredulously.

"Exactly! We're talking about Kaycee, the girl I liked for years and don't even start on me Josh, just because I look calm, doesn't totally mean I am. You guys don't know how the butterflies–" I pointed on my stomach, "–here are going damn crazy."

Josh gave me a look of disgust before speaking up. "Man, that was so cheesy. Seriously, Sean, butterflies?"

"Whatever, Josh. You're even worse than me when Tahani is–"

"Alright, alright." Josh said, finally surrendering. Julian grinned at the both of us, clearly enjoying himself. "So, what happens to you and Kaycee now?

"Right. I don't know either but I guess I'll talk to her about it tomorrow." I shrugged, taking a pizza. "I mean, we're dating now, aren't we?"

"Yeah but Sean, you need to make it official." Julian said and Josh nodded. "You need to officially ask her to be your girlfriend."

"I know. I just... need a little more time to figure out how I'm gonna do it." I replied. I don't need a little more time, actually, I'm just nervous that Kaycee would say no. I mean, she just admitted that she likes me back, she didn't say anything that she wants to be my girlfriend.

"Don't worry, we got your back," Julian said, pointing Josh and himself. "Just tell your plan and we'll help you out."

"Thanks, bro." I said and the three of us fist bumped. "I'll tell you as soon as I figured out a plan."

A/N:

Sorry for this short chapter. Don't worry, I'll try to make it up in the next one! ;))) Comment down below your thoughts and don't forget to hit that ⭐️ button.

Q: How did you found out about Sean & Kaycee?

Me, I found out about Kaycee through Matt Steffanina's videos. I didn't liked her at first since I stan Bailey and Kenneth at that time and everyone's saying how Kaycee's much better than Bai. But after stalking Kaycee on Instagram, I found out about her cheerful (& weird) personality and I immediately fell in love with her! I also found out about Sean through her since at that time, he's always on her Instagram stories. And... that's how I found out about SeaYcee! Ever since then, I supported them. :)))

How about you?

P.S. From now on, I would be including some question(s) on every Author's Note so you guys could answer them. That way, I would be able to know you! ;)