26: Seventeenth

Author's POV

"Kaycee, you alright?" Tricia asked, placing a hand on Kaycee's shoulder. They're currently at the studio and have just finished rehearsing. "Kaycee?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." replied Kaycee, busying herself on her phone so she doesn't have to look at Tricia in the eye.

"You've been like this for a week now. Are you sick or something?" Concern was etched all over Tricia's face. "You know you could tell me anything, Kayc, you're pretty much like my daughter."

"Tricia, I'm fine, really." Kaycee smiled to reassure her. "I guess I'm just... tired, that's all."

"Kaycee, is this about–" Tricia let out a gasp. "Wait, you haven't tell him yet? Kaycee, the–"

"I know." said Kaycee, a little too harsh. "Sorry, I uh– He just celebrated his birthday and Christmas is coming. I don't want to ruin things for him, Trish. I'm going to tell him everything, soon but not now. Okay?"

"Okay." Tricia let out a sigh and gave her pat on the back before standing up. "I understand, Kaycee."

***

Kaycee was greeted by the cold wind as soon as she got out of the studio. It licked her face and crept under her clothes, slowly spreading against her skin. With slightly chattering teeth, Kaycee wrapped her coat around her tighter and made her way towards her sister's car.

"Hey, how was it?" Kylie was beaming at her.

"T'was..." Kaycee let out a sigh and rolled her eyes. "Could you please just... drive? I don't feel like talking right now, Ky."

"Woah, okay miss." Kylie chuckled, holding up her hands before starting the car's engine. Her sister's attitude didn't surprise her anymore, she's been like this for a week now. "Hey, wanna go grab some coffee before going home?"

"Kylie, seriously." Kaycee let out a groan and glared at her. At once, Kylie knew the answer.

"Fine, just a suggestion, you know."

***

~ November 25, 2018 ~

Sean stood frozen on his spot, smiling. There, in front of him was the girl he loves, holding a cake and singing "Happy Birthday" as she walked towards him.

"Happy Birthday, Shamu." Sean let out a chuckle. Kaycee was the one who made that nickname of his. "Make a wish."

Sean closed his eyes. I wish for Kaycee to stay in my life forever. Then, he opened his eyes and blew the candle, earning claps from his friends.

"SEAN LEW IS FINALLY SEVENTEEN YA'LL!" Julian focused his phone on Sean, recording him for Instagram. "Go wish this guy a happy birthday!"

Sean let out a groan, covering his face until Julian placed his phone back on his pocket. Then, Sean playfully nudged his best friend before turning to Kaycee.

"Thank you." Sean breathed, pulling her into a hug.

"I love you." Kaycee murmured, smiling as Sean kissed her forehead in response.

"Oi, love birds!" Josh yelled from a distance. "The food's getting cold ya'll. Save that for later and come'ere now!"

"Alright, alright!" Sean yelled back and Kaycee chuckled, pulling away from the hug. "Seriously, Josh has such a great timing in everything."

"So, what's your wish?" asked Kaycee as they started walking to their friends. Sean raised an eyebrow at her, a puzzled look on his face. "Your birthday wish, what was it?"

"Oh," Sean clapped his hand at the sudden realisation. "Right. Well, I can't tell you that, could I? Or else my wish wouldn't come true."

"Aw, come on!" Kaycee pouted. "We always tell each other's birthday wishes, you know."

"Yeah, that's why none of them came true." Sean chuckled, causing Kaycee to glare at him. "It's just that I really want to make this wish come true but since it has something to do with you, then sure, I'll tell you."

"Me? What do you mean?" Kaycee looked at him incredulously, pointing a finger at herself as she stopped walking and faced Sean.

"Hm... let's just say that I wished for you to stay in my life forever." Sean smiled at her, tucking a stray hair of hers on her ear.

At once, Kaycee's face became pale. It was as if she just saw a ghost. Sean immediately noticed this and cupped her face.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Sean said in a low voice, concerned. "What? The thought of staying with me forever scares you?" Sean let out a chuckle, trying to ease her up.

"Oh no, no, no," Kaycee let out a nervous smile. "I just... that's so sweet, Sean." She stood on her tiptoes and kissed Sean. "O–of course I'll... stay."

Sean let out a sigh of relief and broke into a wide smile. Looking straight into her eyes, he said,

"I knew you would." He murmured and leaned in. Their lips were just a few inches from each other, almost touching, when a yell quickly pulled them apart.

"Get a room, will you?" It was Josh. Their friends laughed and joined in with teasing them. "Seriously, Sean, just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you can suck each other's faces in front of us. Bruh,"

The two quickly look away from each other, both flustered. After a few more laughs from their friends, Sean cleared his throat and Kaycee let out an awkward laugh.

"Come on," Sean held out his hand and Kaycee took it. "I swear to god, I'll kill Josh later."

"Sean!" Kaycee laughed and the tension immediately went away. Sean smiled in return and they started walking to their friends, hand in hand.

A/N:

Edited this chapter because why not? Tee-hee. Five more chapters to go and this story is finally finished!!! 💙

Don't worry, I'll try my best to make the remaining chapters long and worthwhile. ;))) Comment down below your thoughts and don't forget to vote! 😉

Q: Are you making a sequel?

A: I definitely will! 😉 Answering your question(s) here because Wattpad's being shitty and I couldn't reply to your comments. 😑