12: Love is in the Air

Author's POV
Day 04

"Kayc, wake up," Sean said, softly nudging the sleeping beauty. "Kaycee," The figure stirred and a few seconds later, its eyes flew open.

"Sean?" said Kaycee as she slowly get up and focused her eyes at the person in front of her. "What are you doing here?"

Kaycee looked around and saw that there's no one else around except for the two of them. She gave Sean a questioning look.

"They're outside, getting some sun," Sean explained. "Here, I made you some breakfast." And pulled out a tray of pancakes — drizzled in honey and topped with strawberries.

Kaycee's eyes widened at the sight of this and let out an involuntary squeal. She quickly took a piece of it. "Oh, it's so good!"

"It's part of my peace offering," Sean said. Slightly amused at the sight of her but nevertheless enjoying himself watching Kaycee. "I'm glad you liked it."

Kaycee nodded and showed him a big thumbs up. Her mouth is full and unable to speak. Sean chuckled but he didn't say anything else, instead, he let Kaycee enjoy her food.

***

"Aaand, here come the power duo," Josh (Price) said as Kaycee and Sean walked towards them. The others turned to look and cheered for them.

"SEAYCEE IS BACK, YA'LL!" Kaycee rolled her eyes at Josh yet smiling. Sean, however, lurched himself towards his best friend and smacked him playfully. "Ow, Sean, stop it– hey!"

Kaycee turned to look around, her two best friends are amused, watching Sean and Josh, the other boys are enjoying the waves, Taylor's vlogging, and Bailey & Kenneth are seated far from them, engaged in a deep conversation. She smiled at the sight of this.

"They're finally okay, huh," said Kaycee, giving a nod towards Bailey and Kenneth's direction.

"Yeah," Tahani replied, "They're sooo cute. I missed seeing them together,"

"Me too," Tati agreed. Tati and Kaycee raised their eyebrows at her, "What? Just because I dated Kenneth doesn't mean I never found their friendship cute. I mean, it's quite odd sometimes when I saw them dance alone or with somebody else. It's just, back then, where Kenneth–"

"...goes around, Bailey goes too, and vice versa. I know," Tahani said, finishing the sentence for her best friend.

"Ugh, my neck hurts," Josh (Price) groaned, taking a a seat beside Tahani and resting his head on her shoulders. Tahani slightly flinched but didn't do anything else.

Kaycee and Tati looked at each other, and instantly, they knew they're thinking about the same thing. They stifled a giggled and looked back at Tahani who quickly looked away but not before they caught a glimpse of her face turning into a deep shade of red.

***
Kaycee's POV

"So, you and Josh, huh?" I said, smiling playfully. Tahani, Tati, and I are on our way back to the quarters. It's nearly sunset.