push-ups

jungkook's hand twisted the knob and his parents stood there, and were a little taken aback when they digested the sight in front of them

"oh." was all that jungkook's mother said.

"so, you two are being investigated together, huh?" jungkook's father questioned. all jungkook did was nod or shake his head at their questions.

"since you practically didn't do anything, we're still willing to fund your college. after that, you're on your own. fuck your life up too,  i don't mind at all really." his father said.

"why were you even at that bar? you know stacy's has a bad rep." his mom stated, and taehyung knew she was the kind who got drunk every now and then, judging by her knowledge of bars.

taehyung looked back, studying jungkook's apartment and the metal clanged, making jungkook's mother wince.

"jungkook. please tell me this isn't that boy taehyung from school?" she hissed, but loud enough so that taehyung could hear.

"yeah, it's him." jungkook said, and taehyung could practically hear  him rolling his eyes.

"no wonder your nose is already stained with blood. control yourself, and don't taunt him. the boy's good looking."

"don't care." jungkook said, shoving past them, brushing harshly against his father's shoulder, and going to kitchen. taehyung stumbed backward and regained his balance as he bowed to jungkook's parents.

didn't matter how much he hated him, he respected his parents for having so much patience with jeon.

taehyung stood, folding his arms. he yawned and jumped a little as he heard the front door slam shut.

"well, there's that." jungkook said, moving past taehyung and sitting on the couch.

jungkook's apartment was basic. open the door, kitchen to the right, living room to the left. the sofa wasn't too far off from the kitchen and there was a corridor down the middle, leading to two rooms, on opposite sides of the corridor. straight ahead was the bathroom. 

taehyung switched on his phone and saw a text from jimin but he couldn't read it because his phone blanked out, signalling the need to charge it.

"oh god." taehyung muttered.

"stop standing, its making my wrist hurt."

"good then. want me to run a lil' around the house, jeon? do a couple of push-ups? shut the fuck up, I'm not troubling you am I-"

"that'd be a sight."jungkook smirked as he sipped on the beer he had just got from the fridge, eyeing taehyung who was slightly confused.

"what." taehyung spat out, wincing because his head hurt and his nose felt like it was going to fall off.

"you. doing push-ups."

taehyung's breath hitched and he looked away, shoving another topic right into this one.

"I need my phone to be charged. where's the plug-point?"

"in the bathroom, and didn't you need to pee?" jungkook said, and taehyung froze.

"yeah."

"go on then, close the door how much ever you can." he got up, brushing off some of the wet dirt that had dried off on his pants.

taehyung walked forward, opening the creaking door and switched on the light, and gasped softly at the sight, closing the door with his right hand as he struggled to zip down his pants.

looking over at the sink, he thought,

"it's probably red paint right? jungkook wouldn't ever do that to himself, he has way too much ego." 

but another thought crept up into taehyung's mind. jungkook was also a criminal. he had been in jail four times, and he had seen him beating people up to a pulp.

he gulped as his stream finished, his right hand pulling itself at the wrong places as it still held onto the door's handle, causing taehyung to wince in pain as he opened the door after he flushed.

"there's blood in the sink." taehyung said plainly.

jungkook stared at him as though he was an extra-terrestrial creature and looked at his completely unaffected face.

jungkook was aware of what taehyung had gone through at school. heck, he was responsible for it. but he lived off of it. nobody knew why they were enemies. they just were. they were meant to be. 

jungkook's head ached as the events from a few days ago played out in his mind.

\flashback/

"you messed with the wrong person, jeon."

"who the fuck do you think you're talking to, punk?"

"don't. fucking. threaten. me." with each word, yoongi slammed jungkook's head against the wall, the toilet, the wall and then the sink again.

the red liquid flowed like a tiny river, filling the sink.

"fuck." yoongi said, and hurriedly left the bathroom, shoving his way past the people at the party held at jeon's house.

yoongi and jungkook had had a bad past. yoongi had been taehyung's friend, but jungkook had of course, stolen him away as well by showing taehyung in bad light, and telling yoongi that he was bound to ruin him. yoongi found taehyung weeping in his bedroom the day of the party. taehyung was so vulnerable and told yoongi that he hadn't done any of the things that jungkook had said he did. yoongi had clenched his fists and he made it a point to march up to jungkook's house and make him regret messing with taehyung.

yoongi felt like an idiot for believing jungkook. all the boy was, was lies. full of it. yoongi's heart had crumpled up when he saw jimin shuddering with fear and crying. 

"w-why does jungkook hate taehyung so much?" jimin said.

yoongi had held onto him that day, as jimin poured out his heart onto yoongi's shirt.

"it feels worse when you're the person who believed jungkook, jimin. at least you've stayed with tae till now." he sighed, rubbing jimin's back.

"did you b-beat him up good, hyung?" jimin looked up with hopeful eyes.

"yes. yes I did, jimin." he said and got up to leave jimin, slightly happier than he was.

---

"it's paint." jungkook muttered, not entirely sure as to why he was lying.

but then again it was second nature to him.

taehyung mumbled a 'yeah sure' before yawning.

something hit jungkook somewhere in his heart again as he saw taehyung yawning. he shrugged it off and said,

"if you're sleepy you can sleep in that room. the bed's are against the wall so we can still sleep in separate rooms. just, don't move too much or my wrist will snap off."

"oh yeah cause I'm totally going to fuck myself here. shut up man. I don't move in my sleep."

"every time I try to be nice, taehyung, every time." jungkook chuckled as his mind planned out what he was going to do next, psychotic thoughts running through his veins.