if that's what you want

the boys sat silently in the car, not daring to breathe a word after the sherrif said that

jungkook rested his cheek and looked out the window.
taehyung was sitting to his right, fidgeting and moving his fingers around way too much as he stared at his thumbs with furrowed eyebrows.

"if you want to know, im just taking you back home."

"are you kidding me, we thought you were ready to ship us off to the other side of the world." taehyung's eyes sparkled and jungkook made sure the older didn't notice him staring.

"nah, you two just need a push in the right direction."

"the hell is that supposed to mean, we're bloody arrested." jungkook scoffed.

"half arrested." taehyung joined.

the sherrif didn't reply, and simply drove through the night.

he was seeing a change from jungkook's side and it was slightly strange because he expected taehyung to be the one to change before him.

"it's all fun and games until you're arrested as suspects for a murder you weren't there for at all." jungkook joked.

the sherrif smashed the break and the guys hurled forward.

"you what ? what do you mean you weren't there ?"

"we had just come in to the scene and they had caught us, oh come on sherrif you've probably heard this a million times." kook rolled his eyes.

"you know what, no i haven't. they told me a different story entirely. come to think of it, i've never seen those cops around this area before."

"you're telling me you didn't know this. i don't believe that." taehyung rolled his eyes.

"wait , then what did you hear ?" jungkook looked at him with doe eyes and the sherrif met them through the rear view mirror.

"they said they saw you kneeling next to the murdered guy. that you two high fived each other and shared a drink after that and proceeded to leave."

______

the next morning

    to say jungkook and taehyung were pissed was beyond just an underestimation. heck, they were ready to go back and murder everyone on that day at stacy's bar.

"so, what do you propose we do right now." jungkook sat on his sofa, holding his forehead.

"it's obvious. there's someone heading this murder. there's been someone heading this even when the guy was alive."

"why is it obvious?"

"look at the signs, kook. first they come and arrest me when they clearly had no lead. regardless of hearing evidence, cops can't arrest without physical evidence for a murder. it's only called a suspect even then. we're already in trouble and now we kind of escaped a questioning considering you didn't bail me out."

"i did. mind you , it was expensive."

"yeah, I'll pay that back to you-"

"no need."

"no no-"

"let's discuss the issue on hand?"

___

"so it's someone from the police?"

"or someone who controlled and bribed the police."

"well its not hard to bribe this district's policemen."

"exactly. so how hard would it be to make someone give a fake account of the situation to the media and to the sheriff?" taehyung huffed as he sat on the floor.

jungkook melted at taehyung's pout and cleared his throat.

"you really think we can crack this?"

"with the right evidence, anything can be solved."

it was a stupid idea but jungkook uttered softly.

"what if we go to stacy's again and see if the bartender was in on anything ? i can bribe him."

"we don't have that kind of money-"

"that doesn't matter. what matters is getting out. we're still on house arrest."

"oh fuck. okay wait. do you mind if we're helped? "

"what?"

"meaning, is it okay if another person gets the information?"

"as long as no one knows that the core of it is our idea, yeah."

"okay, i'll ask jiminie to do it."

"yeah. ask jiminie."

jungkook said through gritted teeth and he thought taehyung didn't hear him but he did.

"hey? jimin? yeah. yes. yep i ate properly. no... okay listen."

"i need you to do something for me. and before you say no, it's to help jungkook and i out.

now, you're gonna have to go to stacy's bar and see if that bartender is there.

SSH! yes. yeah and bribe him."

"taehyung i don't know if that was a good idea..."

"it'll be fine. he'll call in some time. meanwhile...
do you want to go to school ?"

"what do you mean?"

"the sheriff said he'd allow us to go to school if we're handcuffed. you and I both know you're aching for a fight." taehyung said softly, oblivious to the fact that jungkook didn't want to fight him.

that he was the last person jungkook ever wanted to hurt again.

"if that's what you want. fine.

tomorrow morning then. we're leaving at 8."