never

taehyung knocked on door of the house that belonged to the person he hated the most

"taehyu-"

"save it." taehyung pushed past him and grabbed the bags, remembering the night where jungkook caught him bridal style for a split second.

"look, I said I'm sorry-"

"you don't just bring up hoseok like that. after everything that had happened, you still did it. and that just utterly disgusts me. good day to you." taehyung went out of the house once again.

jungkook slammed his door and punched the wall repeatedly till his knuckles were red.

why did he have to go and fuck it up again?

and why was it affecting him this way?

it wasn't like taehyung and him hadn't fought before.

he heard a notification sound.

but his phone was in his pocket.

ah, taehyung had left his behind.

perfect.

grabbing his jacket, he headed out after locking up.

----

"jungkook? dude what are you doing here." jimin let his fingers graze against his forehead as he muttered.

"is taehyung here."

"yeah, why? you really need to leave."

"i know. didn't ask for an invitation now did i mr. park?"

"look, you need to go."

"he left his phone behind, thought i should return it-"

taehyung's face appeared behind jimin's. his eyes were puffy and he refused to look jungkook's way but the deed had already been done.

taehyung was remembering everything all over again,

and it was because of jungkook.

"okay, thanks. you need to go-"

"tae?"

"tell him not to fucking call me that, chim." taehyung sniffled, his voice echoing from the kitchen.

"you heard him. look, i appreciate the effort you made. i honestly do. but you two honestly can't be around each other. it's ... too toxic. please jungkook, i can't see him hurt. you need to go."

"taehyung." jungkook said sternly, hoping for an answer.

he had ignored jimin's "hey, get out." when he stepped past the door and went to look for taehyung.

jungkook stopped walking as he saw taehyung's figure. he had his arms on the kitchen counter, his head was down, between his arms and he was sobbing.

"what." jungkook heard the crack in taehyung's voice and he considered going closer but he didn't want to.

"im..."

"don't say it, it's not going to bring him back."

"tae..."

"i thought i told you to stop calling me that." his hiccups in-between the sentence didn't help jungkook. he was going crazy. he hadn't seen taehyung this vulnerable. ever.

so he did the exact thing he shouldn't have.

he went up to where taehyung was, stood opposite him, and propped his elbows up on the counter. he lifted taehyung's chin with his hand and his heart knew it was in for a ride.

tears were everywhere and taehyung's nose was watering as well. taehyung wiped his face hurriedly and jungkook looked at him.

"you really loved him huh?" jungkook softly uttered, looking at taehyung whose tears only rushed out faster.

"leave." taehyung choked out.

"just thought you wanted this back." he slides taehyung's phone across the counter and taehyung immediately grabs it, shoving it into his pocket without looking up.

jungkook sighed as he put his head down and walked to jimin.

"jungkook?"

"hm."

"you did it."

"did what?"

"disappoint us."