if only

jungkook shoved his hands deep into his pocket as he stared at taehyung sleeping on the sofa

jungkook shoved his hands deep into his pocket as he stared at taehyung sleeping on the sofa. he had just woken up from his bed and shifted to the main hall.

"taehyung, get off the couch. you wanted to go to school."

"fuck offff. give me five minutes."

"don't blame me when we're caught for being late." jeongguk said while keeping a cigarette in his mouth.

taehyung saw him leaving from the corner of his eye and sat up suddenly.

"you still smoke?"

"taehyung. just because you don't respond to the smell of cigarettes well, doesn't mean i completely stopped it-"

"no, that's not even remotely close to what i meant. you...well..."

"i what? i may die sooner? so fucking what?" jeongguk was fed up of people judging him because he smoked.

man, everyone has their way of letting out their emotions. and with taehyung around, it had only gotten worse because jungkook knew that he had no right to feel about taehyung the way that he did.

he had hurt him over and over again over the years, by being an idiot who was scared to admit his feelings, and scared of what his friends and family would think. but he knew he fell for taehyung a long time ago.

he wouldn't be able to confess. he wouldn't exactly be able to look into those eyes and say,

"oh hey yeah, i didn't actually mean it every fucking time i insulted you. i'm actually in love with you."

so he had to let go.

and maybe that's when he started drinking. sleeping around. trying new things he probably wasn't supposed to. his innocence like wood in a forest fire; got burnt up oh so quickly. but there was nothing he could do to actually stop the pain from spreading to his entire body.

"jungkook. stop that."

"stop what."

"stop...talking like that."

taehyung wasn't exactly the greatest at feelings either. 

what would jungkook think if he just said,

"you've been absolutely ridiculous to me but somehow i still managed to catch feelings for you and it fucking hurt when we fought, both physically and mentally but that was all i could do. fight back."

taehyung never looked at jungkook with hatred. it was so draining to look at him and just know in his heart that another punch was coming his way. 

but he had to suck it up and take it. like a man.

so you see,

neither of them would ever confess. 

but it was jungkook's phone that gave it all away.

if only he had been more careful. if only he had not kept it on that side table as he went to get another glass of water.

if only.

because when jungkook rolled his eyes and left, to get said glass of water, taehyung looked to the younger's phone when he saw it shine with one message.

yugyeom:

are you gonna tell taehyung or what?

it's high time you confessed.

taehyung sat, wide-eyed, dropping the phone onto the floor, mind swirling with thoughts he couldn't quite place. jungkook rushed over to see what caused the sound.

"yo. kim. what's up, why are you-"

"you're fucking kidding me." taehyung chuckled.

"wha-"

"are you actually dumb?"

"what?"

"nothing. figure it out your fucking self." taehyung got up and left to change.

__

jungkook furrowed his eyebrows as he saw taehyung shut his bedroom door and looked at his phone which now had a small crack on its side.

"oh no. oh fuck no. shit."

this wasn't supposed to happen.

no.

he wasn't ever supposed to know.

jungkook was supposed to move on without taehyung knowing, ever.heck, he had tried moving on for years but that wasn't' the point right now.his heart was beating fast and his mind was close to giving up. this wasn't right. this wasn't how it was supposed to be.

yet here he was, mouth open wide as he decided to do exactly what a complete coward would do.

and jungkook was one.

"hey sheriff. would you mind disarming the tracer for just a while?"

" you can roam where you want, kiddo. you really think i wouldn't have made sure they didn't restrict your movement?"

"what-"

"just be back at the house before the sun sets. cause if you don't, that'll be an issue."

jungkook ran into his bedroom, grabbed a jacket, and ran to where his legs took him,

yugyeom.