ruin

thank u avocado headasses for reading this story

I love u all 

idek if this is ok but here u go ok enjoy :3

---------x--------

jungkook's door clicked as he came towards taehyung with shaking hands.

" y-you weren't supposed to believe that shit."

"jungkook." taehyung's eyes grew in size as he let his gaze wander to jungkook's knuckles.

purple.

they were fucking purple.

"you were never supposed to believe that!"

"what did you expect me to do, fucker?! brush it off? like nothing happened ?"

"yes!"

"jungkook."

"I mean I thought you'd have that much sense."

"jungkook."

"I only said that shit cause I thought you'd get stronger."

something in taehyung cracked but he just said,

"jungkook..."

"what." he snapped and looked at taehyung with an expression as if to ask why the older only said his name for the past few moments.

"jungkook, your knuckles."

"what about them." he snapped, uninterested in everything taehyung had to utter next.

"they're bleeding."

"aren't you used to seeing my blood?"

taehyung stayed silent. now it was his turn to sigh. he knew he was bad at this.

at friendship, forget even more than that.

flings he had in the club always tried contacting him but he never responded. he wasn't entitled to. that was probably the only thing jungkook and him agreed on.

taehyung simply walked to the younger's room, grabbed a first aid kit and walked to jungkook who was in the kitchen, struggling to open a water bottle. he was pouting and taehyung's heart slowly melted.

taehyung walked over to him and took the bottle from his hand delicately, opening the bottle with his hand and looking at jungkook whose cheeks were a weird shade of pink.

taehyung didn't say anything and held jungkook's chin with one hand as he lifted the bottle to jungkook's lips. his heart was hammering in his chest and he hoped that jungkook couldn't hear it because goddamn, the silence was so deafening.

taehyung's eyes trailed to jungkook's mouth as the younger gulped the water down and taehyung took the bottle away but jungkook chased the bottle's mouth with his own, making taehyung blush really hard.

he let jungkook drink the rest of the water and the two were in complete silence. taehyung decided to finish it off and stood on the other side of the kitchen counter.

"fuck." jungkook hissed as taehyung put antiseptic on the bleeding and bruised knuckles.

taehyung didn't say anything but treated jungkook's hands like they were cherry blossoms.

jungkook on the other hand didn't know how to breathe. was taehyung finally opening up ?

jungkook smiled to himself.

"something funny, jeon?"

"no, just glad."

"about?"

"don't know how it is for you but I feel like we're making progress."

taehyung hummed in response and covered jungkook's knuckles in the white dressing fabric and ran his fingers over jungkook's knuckles once he was done.

jungkook had always loved taehyung's hands. if hands could get an award, it would be taehyung's.case closed.

"thanks, i guess. you really didn-"

"sorry."

silence loomed for the hundredth time that day and jungkook looked up.

"for what?"

"you just tried so hard. to make whatever this is, work. but i'm just really sorry jungkook but I can't do this. its so hard for me to be able to make friends anymore."

jungkook hated that the very reason he couldn't get close to taehyung was because of himself.

taehyung on the other hand, was afraid of something else.

he was living in fear of falling for someone he couldn't have.

"who said i'm ever going to stop trying?" jungkook softly replied, walking to the sofa and leaning his head back on one of the arms and propping his legs up.

"aren't you afraid of missing school?"

"aren't you good at changing the topic?"

taehyung frowned as he realised it took more than just that shitty attempt to stop jungkook from speaking about this. taehyung wanted to be his friend, no doubt but there was just too much hatred built up that he didn't know what it would turn into. they were enemies after all, where would all the built up angst go?

"don't frown. I'd rather see you smile."

that was the moment kim taehyung and jeon jungkook embarked on a journey of pure ruin.