end of rivalry

"i said, can you not

"i said, can you not."

"not what?"

"lock the door. the police are here, they're gonna ask you something so please answer using your IQ."

"yeah whatever."

_____

"so you two have been under investigation for a bit now."

"no shit." taehyung and jungkook muttered at the same time.

"snarky comments won't be entertained." the officer cleared his throat before continuing.

"your records aren't necessarily the best either. we'll be coming back to inspect you once you're off house arrest, which is another month."

"a month?! sheriff said a few more days?" jungkook half yelled.
taehyung just looked the other way and huffed, annoyed at the fact that he'd have to handle himself messing up around jungkook and melting into a blushing mess.

"yeah and right now that's not what's happening so keep up, kid."

"fuck this, man." jungkook whined, earning a glare from taehyung.

"ugghhh, and him too? does he really have to stay here?"

taehyung had self respect. he didn't care if his heart was yearning to intertwine with jungkook's. he had a certain amount of dignity that he would protect.

"who said i'm staying here?" taehyung stated as a matter of fact.

"we did." the officer said plainly, still looking at a sheet of paper that seemed like a record of some sort. taehyung's eyes rolled and his tongue flashed against his cheek.

"where were you last week when the neighbour's car wasn't here?"

"that isn't very specific is it now officer?" taehyung's eyes sparkled and jungkook knew he was up to something.

"well then you must surely know when it was, kim taehyung. i'm giving you five seconds to admit it was you who stole it and went to unnatural speeds on a main road."

taehyung sighed dramatically and stated,

"i knew you'd be suspicious of me. which is why i kept a tape of us ready !!"

taehyung took a tape out of his pocket and handed it over to the police. jungkook wondered what was in there and his eyebrows furrowed in curiosity.

 "here. it's jungkook and i making out. you got any more suspicions about where we were? or what we were doing that night, or where we were doing what, 

sir?" taehyung breathed out the last word to jungkook, hooking his fingers onto jungkook's sweatpants and dragging him towards his own chest.

jungkook really wanted to slap that son of a bitch right now. but he couldn't. he was so under taehyung's spell that it wasn't good for him anymore.