deal

lil a/n: their single beds are pushed against the wall so jungkook has free floorspace to his left and taehyung has free floorspace to the right.

m'sorry if you're still confusion sjsjsjs

----

 taehyung yawned as he turned to his side and he stopped stretching mid-way, and with his hands still up in the air, he blinked at the sight to his right

 taehyung yawned as he turned to his side and he stopped stretching mid-way, and with his hands still up in the air, he blinked at the sight to his right. jungkook was sleeping on the floor, with only a pillow at his head.

"what the hell, jeon." taehyung murmured. 

taehyung unravelled his body from the sheets and the handcuffs twisted in a painful way, making taehyung whimper. taehyung squatted because he saw that the coconut head's wrist was bent uncomfortably and he moved it so that the handcuff wouldn't hurt. 

but what came next was when taehyung's heart was sure of ruin.

jungkook smacked his lips in his sleep like a child and pulled taehyung's body to him closer, hands snaking right around the taller boy's waist. taehyung's heartbeat was erratic and he pulled himself away from jungkook's grip and clumsily stood up, eyes wide and cheeks flushed. he stared out of the window. jungkook simply turned around to the other side, eyebrows furrowed and continued to sleep, pink lips and rosy cheeks bathing in the sunlight that shone through the curtains.

"jungkook, get up." taehyung pushed jungkook's shoulders.

"huh, what?" jungkook stirred.

"get up, punk." taehyung had never seen this side of jungkook. he seemed so vulnerable and open.

"what the fuck was that for!" taehyung had smacked jungkook's nape, earning a loud response from the latter.

"why the hell were you sleeping on the floor. you have your own bed don't you?"

"i sprained my left wrist because of you moving too much so i just shifted. better option because the other one meant waking you uuuuuuup." jungkook yawned half-way through his sentence and taehyung scoffed, a small smile making its way onto his face.

"sorry, i mean, i didn't know i was moving that much."

"it's okay, whatever man." jungkook held his left wrist and got up.

"hey, it's a little better now." jungkook added, wringing his wrist gently.

taehyung couldn't care less and walked to the bathroom, still stretching and yawning away to glory.

he reached for his toothbrush only to realise that he didn't have one.

"oh darn it."

"what are you, eighty-five? who even uses darn anymore?" jungkook giggled, handing taehyung a toothbrush from the mini cupboard next to the mirror above the sink, as if he had read the boy's mind.

"thanks, now get out."

"huh? no, I'm brushing."

"I got here first."

"it's my house."

"wanna fight?"

jungkook's muscles visibly tensed and he let a loud sigh out.

"no taehyung, that's exactly what I don't want to do."

"oh suddenly jeon has realised that violence isn't the answer." taehyung mocked, squeezing toothpaste onto the bristles.

"no I just thought about the past. I haven't necessarily been the greatest person."

"oh, you think?" taehyung laughed out sarcastically, shoving the toothbrush into his mouth.

funny. it didn't make jungkook's blood boil anymore.

"yeah. i actually thought we could be friends. or try to be. funny idea huh." jungkook stated in a monotone, grabbing the toothpaste.

taehyung spewed toothpaste and foam everywhere and stared, white speckles coating his lips.

"that's creepy." taehyung said after clearing his throat and cleaning his mouth out.

"uh, why?" jungkook asked, body sticking to taehyung's side as he brushed his teeth.

"cause that's what I wanted to say. I thought about it too."

"oh." jungkook said after spitting out the foam.

"it's not going to be easy. i already let my guard down slowly. so. the only reason i'm trying to not resort to violence with you, other than the fact that we're bloody handcuffed to each other and need to learn to tolerate ourselves," taehyung said before taking in a breath, 

"is because i know everyone needs another chance. and while i have given you millions of them, something keeps telling me that you'll redeem yourself one day. call me a fool for thinking so jungkook, but when i came back in eleventh grade, i thought we would be able to patch up." taehyung said, words a little muffled because he was rubbing his face with a towel after washing it, but jungkook caught onto every single syllable.

 "turns out all we were patching up were the wounds we gave each other." taehyung sighed, leaving the restroom.

jungkook felt a weird sensation in his stomach and he washed his face soon after, not responding to taehyung's little emo speech.

"taehyung." he called out, coming out of the bathroom.

taehyung was texting jimin and taehyung stopped jungkook from speaking with his hand.

"one sec."

jungkook nodded and stood as taehyung's left hand struggled to hold the phone, awaiting jimin's response.

"yeah, jimin. how'd it go? oh? wow. he still doesn't get it huh?" taehyung softly responded with sarcastic grins every now and then. 

"yeah, i'm up for it. come over."

"hey don't-" the younger one in the room looked up quickly.

"yep, now's okay."

"you have got to stop doing that." jungkook replied, slightly smiling after taehyung cut the call.

"i need you to take a picture of us."

jungkook didn't move a muscle.

"huh?"

"me, and jimin."

"right, yeah. sure, whatever."

"it'll be slightly intimate to shoo away the ex so like i'm warning you. sorry if your heterosexual ass can't take it but i really need to do this."

"mhm. sure." jungkook said.

"good." taehyung nodded as they walked towards the couch, taehyung still texting.

"oh and taehyung?" jungkook said as he pulled on the chain lightly with his right hand.

taehyung's socks slid against the wooden floor and jungkook took a step forward before propping his chin up on taehyung's shoulder, that visibly stiffened.

"my ass ain't heterosexual."