sign

taehyung climbed as quickly as possible, keep an eye on his watch

"okay buddy. you have one minute to lay the plans in front of me. we do this the easy way where you agree with me, or the hard way where i shoot at your ribs one by one."

"i won't be giving out any information. he's going to kill my family if i do. sir you don't get it-"

"listen. we're going to either arrest him or drag his body out of this place. either way he's fucked." taehyung raised his voice. "we don't have time. quick. i assure you we can get you out of this mess he's threatening you with."

"no no, i can't risk-"

taehyung sighed and cocked his gun. he hated doing this.

"o-okay. he has 15 people on stand-by. they're going to come any moment now. i have a button to press to call them in. he said i would have to do it when i hear three consecutive bullets."

taehyung cursed jungkook in his mind for getting so close to killing all of them. he put his gun down.

"anything else? hostages?"

"um, the hostage situation is a trap , no one is down there. he had one of his men d-disable a man's phone a couple of weeks ago... but that's all i know.  he even brought a weird device which i thought was for him to examine but turns out he just wanted to destroy it. can you please not point the gun at me anymore?

fuck, so jimin was safe? no. that doesn't sound right. jimin would've updated him on any news immediately.

unless...

"did that man you're talking about...did anyone come here? in the past two weeks? and try to get information from you?" taehyung even described how jimin looked to the guy.

"no no not at all. i was only allowed to answer the door to certain people. my bar has become a crime scene after all. this man in charge has the police on his side. i'm not sure how. but for the past few days he's been letting people inside. he looks through a camera and controls the door. i've been suffering here-"

"one minute for you to come back down, kim!" he heard a loud shout.

taehyung put a finger on his lips and looked at the bartender. he searched for the camera and walked to it with the bartender close behind him.he made a diamond with his hands and whispered for the man to cut all the wires he saw with taehyung's pocket knife. after what felt like years, the bartender had disabled it. taehyung waited for the yell from jaehyo questioning why he had lost contact but as he expected, he was too engrossed to be focused on multiple things at once. taehyung asked the bartender to leave the remote with the button that would signal the 15 men on the table and assured him that it was safe for him to run away now. 

"twenty seconds!" he heard. 

the bartender rushed out and taehyung quickly clambered down the cellar again. this was going to be hard. but he would have to find a way to communicate all of what he heard to jungkook and the sherrif. if he was careless, jaehyo would find out that he knew about the plan and try to execute them then and there. it would be a bloodbath and for no reason.

so when he reached, he pulled out his thumb and stuck it up, looking right at the enemy's face.

"i'm here. made it in time." taehyung said.

his thumb was sticking up and a little bit of his ring finger was jutting out. 

jungkook knew that sign. and so did the sherrif. it was taehyung's way of saying follow my lead and trust me right now.