lay here

A/N: short filler chapter because i'm working on a bigger chapter ,, hope you like sum fluff <3

jungkook heard taehyung mumble those words and his mind shut down. 

even after all this time, jungkook was unwilling to see the truth in tae's words; was refusing to believe that they could work it out.

taehyung's cheeks were dusted with a pastel pink and he didn't know he was crying till he heard the first teardrop hit the bed.

"tae?" jungkook's feet had brought him to tae's bedroom door.

silence enveloped the pair and taehyung responded half-heartedly.

"hmm?" he turned to the side and began staring out of the window , not looking at the door for even a second, afraid that jungkook would see him in the state he was.

"can i come in?"

"your house, i dont kno-

yeah. yeah you can." taehyung mentally slapped himself for being so bitter. he bit his tongue and remembered how jeongguk had just spilt his whole heart and he was here still being such a bad person to him.

"okay. may i lay here?" jungkook softly asked, looking at the back of taehyung's head full of soft hair.

he saw taehyung nod and sat down slowly, putting his legs up and shifting so he was facing tae's back.

"tae, can you turn around please?"

he saw the older shake his head vigorously and heard sniffles.

"please?"

"n-no jeon. i can't."

jungkook's heart broke at him being called jeon and he sighed before getting up.

maybe it was the silence of the room, or the situation these two boys were held in, or the immense love they had for each other that caused both of them to look at each other at the same time.

jungkook's face fell when he saw tae's tears. he climbed back into the bed slowly and lay beside taehyung, staring into his eyes as he whispered,

"why are you crying, angel?"

taehyung sobbed harder and shut his eyes tight, holding onto jungkook's shirt as he heard the nickname spill from the younger's mouth. 

"because you're holding me right now, unwilling to give me what i need."

taehyung's voice was muffled but kook still heard him loud and clear. maybe it wasn't going to end in a fight today. 

"taehyung, im bad for y-"

"no, don't say that, please" tae choked, "don't."

"the truth will hurt tae. it always does." jungkook brough taehyung's head under his chin and shushed him gently while stroking his hair. he kissed taehyung's forehead before lifting taehyung's head and holding it between his palms.

he stared and smiled at taehyung, wondering how blessed he was to get to know taehyung but how dumb he was to throw it all away.

how selfish he was to only think of himself and hurt taehyung in the process. 

how tae was now crying because of him.

he didn't know he was weeping before he felt warm hands wipe his tears away. 

"we're both hurting kook. we're aching to be together.

so why do you want to be in pain?"