devil

taehyung could smell smoke and beer and jungkook smelt the vanilla and strawberry coated little shit that was taehyung

"fuck off." taehyung tried pushing jungkook away but jungkook caught his wrists and pulled them towards his chest, smirking.

the rain had just stopped and jungkook was shining in all the right places with the help of the evening light. taehyung furrowed his eyebrows and stared at jungkook. he wasn't amused. he was flustered.

"I said. fuck off." taehyung tried wriggling out of jungkook's grip but all that was heard was the clinking of the chains and the heavy breaths leaving taehyung's mouth.

jungkook held onto his wrists a little too tightly, causing taehyung's earlier scars to open. jungkook felt his fingers get wet and confused, he looked at them only to see blood.

"taehyung what the fuck." jungkook mumbled, letting go of taehyung's wrists. taehyung hurriedly covered them. luckily, he was wearing black.

"what?" taehyung asked, scratching an itchy spot on his forearm.

"wow you really do get affected easily don't you." he looked up with the eyes of a villain.

"no. you just assume really easily. these aren't self inflicted. I ain't stupid." taehyung huffed out.

"really thought you were though. stupid enough to let people go."

"you fucking stole them away-

you know what? I don't want to talk about this. especially not with you."

"aw does poor little taehyung get hurt when he thinks of those memories?" jungkook mocked.

"don't make me do something I won't regret, jeon. you get on my nerves so fuckin' easily."

"you're an emo kid that no one wants to speak to because of your drama lovin' ass."

taehyung didn't respond and raised his hand, bicep flexing in glory as jungkook took the sight in, grinning. but he didn't attack jungkook. his fingers unclenched and his hand fell to his side.

"you're not worth it." taehyung sniggered.

"you always did piss me off, taehyung. don't know what it is you did, but you pissed me off ever since I saw you. sixth grade was it?"

"I don't want to discuss my middle school memories with my least favourite person, thanks."

taehyung's phone rang, interrupting their extremely affectionate exchange of phrases. taehyung's eyes widened with hope. he ran towards the bathroom, dragging jungkook too, who tripped and walked a little fast to avoid falling.

"jimin?" taehyung said, boxy smile glimmering in the light from the bathroom window.

he stepped out of the bathroom, and jungkook looked on, smoking a cigarette ever so subtly. he knew taehyung hated the smell of smoke. 

"mhm. no. yeah it's cool. uhhh maybe not." taehyung laughed lightly.

"just had a go at each other, nothing too bad." taehyung lied.

"yeah, 'm sure jiminie. but can you come over?"

"exfuckingcuse me?!" jungkook said, striding over to taehyung.

"yeah, thanks." he said, ignoring jungkook.

"yeah, what, muscle pig?" taehyung blinked, looking at jungkook with a prince like face, while switching off his phone.

"you can't just ask people to come over. this isn't your house."

"too bad. deal with it. wanna fight it out?" taehyung looked up with the same evil glint glowing in his eyes and jungkook's chest shuddered at the sight.

"forget it. it's pointless. besides, my face is my most prized possession."

"pretty sad collection of prized possessions you got there then." taehyung ran a hand through his hair, forehead showing.

"oh really?" jungkook let an eyebrow raise and the side of his lips curl into a smirk, but taehyung didn't like what it did to him so he stamped jungkook's shoe with so much force.

or at least he thought it was jungkook's shoe.

"fuck!" taehyung cursed. he had literally stamped his own shoe. that was how flustered he was. that wasn't a good thing at all. 

clearly, taehyung hated jungkook right? jungkook couldn't ever make taehyung feel any sort of way. right?

jungkook's laughter pierced through the air and taehyung's entire world came to a standstill as he watched the beauty unravel in front of him. jungkook held his stomach as his giggle like laughter burned itself into taehyung's mind, saving it there to replay later. his bunny teeth weren't helping taehyung's case either. 

I guess the devil  is the prettiest thing ever after all.