realisation

jungkook wasn't someone who usually was up for this

"what?" taehyung snapped as he retracted his hands from jungkook. "why would you need to be forgiving me? you're the one who did shit."

jungkook smirked as he saw taehyung leave the room.

typical.

the both of them could probably never be friends. that's the only thought that was swirling in jungkook's mind when a ring made him snap back to reality and look at his phone.

"hey jimin."

"how are you? where's taehyung?"

"uh, he left?"

"the fuck you mean he left?"

"he left. that's what I mean."

"why didn't it work?"

"you know it never can. it's us. it's kim taehyung and jeon jungkook. I'd be damned if we could actually stay around each other for even a while without almost killing the other."

"listen, you're hurting. and you need to try and stop it."

"yeah, I know but I deserved it, didn't I. I did enough shit to make him feel this way. he probably felt like this every time he got beat up."

"jungkook. no human deserves that. you're hurt. and I don't know if it's emotionally-"

"hyung. can we stop talking about it? it'll bring up unnecessary conflicts."

jimin shut up as he heard the younger call him hyung. he only did that if he was very serious about something, considering the fact that jimin had offered to put up with their friendship shit just a few days ago.

"what do you mean unnecessary? is there something I don't know-"

"I said, drop it. now if you'll excuse me I need to rest. I'll be out tomorrow."

jungkook cut the call and gently flung his phone to the other side of his body.

he sighed out loud as he looked at the ceiling.

why was his past taunting him again?

jungkook used to have a tiny crush on taehyung in ninth grade.

he hated that taehyung was the one who made him question his sexuality.

he hated the way taehyung's smile made him feel weird inside.

he hated taehyung.

jungkook was never good at feelings. and you couldn't blame him because he didn't have the best of experiences. his first real relationship turned to utter shit. the girl just left saying that she never loved him. typical of a girl who wanted to play jungkook right?

jungkook never said he was in love with the girl, but damn, did he like her.

it hurt.

but he got over it.