Chapter XI: Earth And Air

~It's all about perspective, really. While the grass thinks that humans are powerful giants, ruling over a big world they can't witness, do the stars think that humans are tiny puppets that are only part of the little ground they are walking on

Unfortunately, all things in life have to come to an end at some point.

After I have said my goodbyes to Alex and Darwin, I realize that finding the one who resembles Perfection is as easy as finding out how I really look in my own eyes.

He or she might be Perfection, but it doesn't have to mean that he or she embodies Perfection. And it doesn't have to mean that that person will be flawless and beautiful in my eyes. My eyes don't spot perfection, only beauty on the inside, the difference between someone with a heart of stone and a heart of gold.

And the most important thing that causes the great difficulty of finding Perfection is that Perfection has to have my blood. That narrows the amount of potential people that could be Perfection to zero. My family is bonkers and besides, almost non-existent. 

Besides, Darwin resembles Truth but does he really always tell nothing but the truth?

I ride back home, already preparing myself for the tornado that my parents will unleash the second I step into the house.

But I find myself riding to another destination, to my secret spot.

I haven't been there for quite some time and I suddenly have the urge to go to that world of mine again.

I promised Alex I wouldn't get lost in it. And I won't, but I simply need to go back there for a few minutes. Just to clear my head and think.

After having done the climbing, crawling and jumping, I finally enter the world that I made for me, myself and I.

Even though multiple intruders have been here, all their hearts that were beating in their chests were true.

Not that I even know what that means anymore.

I stroke the familiar wall with my fingers, thinking about everything and nothing at the same time.

My thoughts are so divided into those two things that the hand that suddenly lands itself on my shoulder comes extremely surprisingly. It feels as if a bucket of electrocuted water is being thrown over me.

I squeak in shock, only to hear someone's laugh as a reply.

I swiftly turn around and see a face that I haven't seen before.

He is the most handsome boy I have ever seen. His eyes are extremely blue,  leaving no room to argue that they are a different shade than blue. They aren't anything like Alex's mixture of blue and green. His are refreshing, like when you are taking a dive into a lake. There is no mystery, there are no question marks when you look at him.

He has a dark skin, accentuating his eyes even more. His hair is really dark brown and he is fully dressed in black; a black leather jacket, black ripped jeans and black high sneakers.

He smirks at me, while shoving his hands into the pockets of his jacket that fits his frame perfectly. His appearance is almost too perfect, even Alex has some imperfections but this guy does not seem to have any.

'Who are you and how did you find this place?' I ask him, squinting my eyes in suspicion.

He takes a step forward, causing me to instinctively do a step backwards.

He smiles unsurely. 'I'm Graham. I know about the prophecy, I am a good friend of Cinder. I'm sure you have heard of him? I waited until it was my time to join the three of you, since I don't have to harmonize with any of you. You see, I am Perfection,' he smiles after admitting that, flashing his white teeth.