Chapter XXVIII: Striking

~Walking paths for yourself can take away paths from others if their path depends on their control over you

Eve

I'm running through the forest as I am trying to escape from the psychopath that is chasing me. Stermon Cadin, the man who has been literally chasing me for my heart forever.

Out of breath, I decide to hide behind a bush. I can barely hide my long legs before he has caught up to me.

'Lady Eve! Where are you? I promise that I won't touch you again. Your father wanted me to get you back to the castle to get you to safety!'

Safety? Where in the name of Sky is that supposed to be?

I feel the rustling of leaves, letting me know that I'm busted. It's nearly impossible to hide from him, since he has the magic of the Hunters inside of him.

'Lady Eve, why were you hiding for me again? Your father wants me to be your husband. Your father told me...'

I silence the annoying guy with one shove against his shoulder, holding in my magic. His white stallion is calmly waiting behind him.

'The last time I checked, it is not my father that makes decisions for me. No, that'll be me. If your head remains as thick as your armour, I am going to say this one more time. I will never marry you. I will never be your wife. My father doesn't dictate my actions or feelings, I do. I will only spend my life with you when the realm decides to choose you as the new Luna Striking Sol.'

Stermon adjusts his golden locks while his ocean blue eyes that others find attractive are desperately looking into mine.

'I do need to get you to safety, my lady. Rumour has it that the Luna Striking Sol is on her way.'

This is interesting. She never visits any of us.

'Why would I be scared of her? She's still human, just like you and me.'

Stermon takes a step closer to me, putting his hands on my shoulders.

I'm giving him a death glare while saying: 'If you don't remove your hands right now, I'll remove them in a less pleasant way.'

He hurriedly takes them off my shoulders while patting the back of his white horse, inviting me to get on it.

The knight in armour, the prince Charming. I am not his Snowwhite. I am his Pitchblack, his not so happy ending if he thinks he is entitled to have me.

'She is not human, lady Eve. She's only a human body full of magic. If she notices you, she'll might want you for herself.'

I give him a mocking smile.

'She has the right to try, just like you. And she has the guarantee of failing, just like you.'

I swing my leg over the horse and get on it.

'Are you going to sit behind me or would you rather walk?'

Stermon's face turns a slight tint of red when he gets on his horse, behind me.

While I'm holding the reigns in my hands, he bursts out: 'This is not an easy horse to ride, lady Eve. You might want me to take it over, Titan needs strong arms guiding him.'

'Hiyaa!' I say, telling the horse to go while using the reigns.

Titan immediately goes into full speed, quickly getting us back to the castle.

When the guards at the gate have recognized both me and Stermon, they silently let us in.

I get off the horse and hand the reigns to Stermon.