Chapter XX: Haze

~Being afraid of the things you love most only means one thing: you are used to being surrounded by the things you hate most, and everyone is afraid of the unknown

Felon

I have been waiting for them to return from Earth for very long. Waiting has never been something I could cope with. I don't have any patience at all, but no one would have any left if they were in my stead. But I've waited. Ten years.

Let's just say that my patience came into the form of handcuffs and an iron cell.

The first thing that I hear, are the steady footsteps of one of the guards. His rough-looking face is taking me in indiscreetly. 

'It's time for our little Felon to meet up with the one whose heart can never be stolen.'

I smile appreciatively at the remark of the guard, knowing how long it should have taken for the guard to come up with his witty remark. After all, he only got ten years and a little bit longer to think about it.

'What are you grinning about? Do you want me to punch your lips in until they have returned to their previous state?'

I sarcastically roll my eyes and change my smile into the thin line it usually is.

A fist is being thrown into my left eye instead, but I am prepared for it. The dodge was clumsy, but it prevented me from getting a black eye. It already is dark enough as it is.

The guard wants to strike down again, but he is suddenly reminded of the fact that he has to escort me to her.

He roughly takes my arm and drags me through the dungeon, where the only song that the radio has to offer is called "Screams Of Suffering".

It is not a long walk, it unfortunately never is. But nonetheless how long the walk would have been, seeing her will always destroy me. She will look different, older, after ten years obviously. I have waited so long for this moment that I'm feeling so empty about it right now.

We enter the room that is filled with a large amount of people. All of them are waiting for me, I suddenly realize. She is accompanied by Cynic, Cinder, Cynthia and three humans I haven't met yet. Cynic, Cinder and Cynthia have changed a lot, which is logical since it has been ten years.

'Bow to our Queen, our Luna Striking Sol,' a woman of her court says.

I bow down without hesitation, since the punishment of the refusal of showing respect equals a lot of pain that is not physical.

'Rise,' her sharp voice severely slices with one cut, which suffices for me to feel the emotional pain again.

I stand up, feeling conscious about the way I look. From my wolfish, unkept hair to the lack of mass of my body. I feel like a wild dwarf.

'Felon, look at me,' she demands, the impatience clear in her voice.

I reluctantly look up into her eyes, that are harsh grey, cutting through every layer of me like steel. There is one layer that she can't cut, though. Pride is spreading through me. I am not a piece of meat for her to cut. She doesn't own the one I truly am.

I quickly move my gaze away, because looking at her hurts.

I haven't seen her for so long. Only in my nightmares.

My gaze is wavering over to the three people that are standing next to her.

One of them is a muscular boy, his hair a little bit more tidy than mine. It's a close call, though. Every fibre of him screams anger.

The boy that is standing next to him appears to be remotely calmer, his green eyes standing out the most.

The girl is a very pretty one and she seems to be one who hasn't realized that yet. The vibe she is giving off is quite odd, her hands clenched in tight balls while her eyes are clouded with sadness.