Ch. 13: Crush

[Jisung POV]

"Here, I'll take him," Jeno held his arms out.

"What the fuck dude? You were going to walk away!" Jisung glared angrily.

"I-I... I didn't know what to do," Jeno's arms retreated.

"Ugh, wipe your stupid sad face off and move your ass!" Jisung clutched Jaemin securely, his blood staining his clothes. "Go get the nurse!"

Jeno was about to speak, but Jisung didn't want to let him blow out his fuse. Jaemin was hurting.

After a few seconds of Jeno freezing, Jisung had enough of the older boy and scoffed.

Jisung walked down the hall as fast as he could to the school infimary. Jaemin's head rested limply on his shoulder. Jisung carefully leaned in to check his breathing with his ears.

It was irregular.

Then, Jaemin broke out into violent coughs.

"Shit shit shit shit shit shit..." Jisung mumbled lowly as he ran for Jaemin's life.

He practically kicked the door to the nurse's office open and set Jaemin on the bed.

"Help! My hyung might be choking!!" Jisung shouted.

Hurriedly, a middle aged woman rushed in from a hall to the right of the room and checked Jaemin's breathing.

"He's loosing consiousness," the nurse quickly shouted. "Get the doctor in!"

Jaemin stopped coughing and suddenly went silent.

Jisung's heart dropped.

He ran into the adjacent room and collided with another woman. She wore a white coat and helped Jisung up as she already heard the call.

"Is she starting CPR?" The doctor asked.

"She probably is," Jisung hurried back to the room.

The doctor quickly assessed Jisung while the nurse did CPR.

"Left room, top cabinet, there's some larger bandages and some towels. Grab them!" The doctor informed Jisung.

Jaemin drew a breath.

Jisung forced himself to hurry even if he was worried. Jaemin coughed like he was struggling badly.

Suddenly, there was a sound Jisung could only describe as relieveing as it was gross as he was reaching for the towels.

Jaemin coughed out a mix of saliva, mucus, and blood as the doctor wiped off his mouth. The nurse quickly began to treat his cuts as Jisung swiftly walked over with the bandages and towels.

Jaemin breathed heavily,

"Je...j-jen..o..." Jaemin's breathing began to stabilise.

Jisung felt the stab in his heart. Jeno was nowhere near. Where had he gone...?

Hyung... Jeno never cares for anyone. When you wake up, please stay with me...

I won't leave you like he will...

"I'm right here..." Jisung held Jaemin's hand as the older gradually fell asleep.

---
[Jaemin POV]

What the fu-- is someone stabbing my head?!

Jaemin jerked his head up, only to find out that it was a headache, and that he really hated waking up no matter it be from a nap or in the morning.