Ch. 20: Blankets

[Jaemin POV]

"What do you mean Mark and Haechan both disappeared?"

Jaehyun was standing at the counter, very worried at the moment. Jaemin was concerned because his brother looked very tired. It was about two in the morning, and Renjun called to say that Mark and Haechan left and they had no idea where to.

"Aish these kids," Jaehyun massaged his temples.

"Hyung, are you going to look for them?" Jaemin asked.

"Mark and Haechan are almost adults now, Jaemin. I'm sure they'll be responsible."

Jaemin shrugged and sighed.

Then, a knock at the door broke the brother's relaxing silence.

Jaehyun trudged over to the door, groaning from sleepiness.

"Ugggh....Yongie? Why are you here?"

"I need to talk to you..." Taeyong's eyes drifted to Jaemin, pleading him for something.

Jaemin sighed.

Adult things did not make good audio.

"I'll sleep over with Eunwoo-hyung and take care of Bonnie-hyung," Jaemin grabbed a pillow and blanket. "Hyung, Jaehyung-hyung is kinda tired so go easy okay?"

Jaemin didn't care to listen to Jaehyun's denials as he opened the door and was now standing in front of Jeno's door.

Jaemin had forgotten that Jeno lives next to him. But for a short while, he tried not to remember. It was really pulling his heart to stay away from him.

But after seeing Jeno shaken from the elevator... Why did it feel like he was hating on a child now?

*knock knock*

"Eunwoo-hyung? Are you guys sleeping yet?"

The door swung open, revealing Eunwoo in a long bathrobe with reading glasses.

"Jaemin-ah?" Eunwoo looked at him questiongly.

"Do you mind if I stay over tonight...?"

"Actually..." Eunwoo shifted out of the doorway and pointed at a room with his head. "You may want to go see Jeno."

Jaemin immediately wanted to decline. But that didn't happen as he followed his hyung to the bedroom door.

"Jeno-ah?" Eunwoo knocked. "Jaemin's here. I'm opening the door, okay?"

The door opened to reveal a completely dark room, void of light. Jaemin could just barely make out a bed with a figured assumed to be wrapped in blankets like a cocoon.

"You can share the bed, but to sofa is free if you don't feel comfortable," Eunwoo pat Jaemin's shoulder. "He's been quiet since you dropped him off, and he wouldn't let anyone touch him. Just do me a favor and talk to him, okay?"

"Arrasseo, thanks hyung," Jaemin gave a slight smile.

Eunwoo drifted back to a chair next to a lampstand with a book. Jaemin sighed, looking at the blanket cocoon in front of him.

"Jeno...?" Jaemin took a small step into the blackness.

There was a small sound from shifts in the cocoon.

Then, a shy head popped out.

"Umm...." Jaemin searched the pockets of his oversized sweatshirt. "Want some mochi?"

Jaemin pulled out mini packets of mochi, sadly offering the boy in blankets his stash of late-night snacks.

Jeno popped his head fully out of the blankets, nodding cutely like a toddler.