Ch. 23.5: Window of Stars

[Jaemin POV]

"Why is this happening to me..?" Jaemin sighed looking in the mirror at his reflection.

He had just arrived home after a long day of babysitting Jeno and then going to the arcade with Jisung. Jaemin observed his neck, and then touched his lips.

Jeno's bite marks had filled the side of his neck with petal-like red and pink shapes. Meanwhile, Jisung had made the kiss a bit grabby, so his lip was a bit swollen.

What the hell was happening?

Okay okay, so... Jeno basically attacked my neck, and I just kissed Jisung!
What the heck... What is happening?
I thought Jisung and I were just friends.
I thought Jeno was in his PTSD tendencies!?
How in the world did I end up getting kissed by two guys? T^T
Why is this happening to me?

Jaemin couldn't bear to look at himself longer and shut off the lights of the bathroom, closing the door behind him. Jaemin there off his t-shirt and just slipped on comfy sweat pants.

In his room, he set his alarm for school the next day and then shut off his lights, sliding into his bed. Jaemin sighed and wrapped himself up in the blankets.

After a moment of trying to comprehend what happened to him today, Jaemin gave up and turned over.

His window curtains weren't closed.

Jaemin shot out of bed and walked to his window, looking at it. The window had fogged up, and Jaemin could just barely make out the stars.

Feeling bored, Jaemin began to write on the foggy window. He wasn't really paying attention until his eyes wandered to what he had written on the window.

'J-E-N-O'

"Ah!" Jaemin quickly opened his window, slamming the name up and away from his sight.

As if to tell him to calm down, a chilly breeze ran through Jaemin's hair. The sky greeted him with twinkling stars, all arranged beautifully in an indigo blanket.

"Whoa..." Jaemin leaned a bit out the window.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" A voice joined him.

Jaemin turned his head left swiftly, looking in the direction of the voice.

Jeno.

"It's beautiful tonight," Jeno smiled at him, and then turned back to the sky.

The blonde boy was also leaning out his window, looking up at the twinkling masterpiece. Jaemin could feel the heat rush to his cheeks as he gazed over at his neighbor.

Jeno was acting like himself.

Jaemin observed the beautiful boy next to him. Jeno's skin was illuminated serenely, bathed in the moonlight. The blonde was a bit far away, but Jaemin could see the glow and sparkle in his eyes.

Jaemin traced Jeno's every feature with his eyes.
His hair.
His eyes.
His chin.
His adorable nose.
His hands.
His gentle fingers resting on his lips as he leaned out his window in admiration.

Jaemin's heart was going to burst.

Why did Jeno make him feel heartaches and fluttering when so far all he did was suck on his neck and leave him to die?

Jaemin's eyes widened as Jeno turned to look at him.

"You should really put something on," the blonde harmoniously chuckled.

Jaemin yelped when he questioned why he would need to put something on. But Jaemin then turned to see his shirt on the ground and realized--- he was bare-chested and exposed from his neck to his hips.

Jaemin fought not to scream as he stuck his head back out his window shyly, his cheeks rose-kissed.

"G-goodnight..." He wandered his eyes back to Jeno.

Jeno gave him a small smile, cute and sincere.

"Goodnight Jaemin."

Jaemin quickly slammed his window shut and locked it before he landed face-down on his bed, squealing.

"AAAAGGGHHHHHHHHHH ansjejqhwe j ejwwhjwowlwjebejwkw!!!! He smiled and then he said goodnight and he was so cute and--!!!"

*ba-dump ba-dump ba-dump*

"This can't be happening!" Jaemin hid under his blanket.

His heart beated fast and firmly in his chest, taking up all that he heard.

Jaemin told himself that Jeno did nothing but smile and that he should calm himself because Jeno also left him to... You know.

Jaemin listened to his heart as he eventually poked his head out of the covers and breathed in deeply, slowing his pulse.

The brown-haired boy smiled as he turned to his side, relaxing.

Then, his eyes wandered to his window.

'J-E-N-O' was still written there, large and clear.

Jaemin's heart got another kickstart.

"AAAAAGGGHHHHHH!" Jaemin screamed as he leaped out of bed to wipe away his writting and all of the fog on the window.

He slammed his curtains shut.

Jaemin hopped back in bed, not even bothering to wrap himself in his blanket.

His mind wandered to two phrases:

" 'Can I call this a date...  ? ' "

and,

" 'I love you, Nana.' "

Jaemin closed his eyes.

------------------------------------------------------
(a/n: Just a bonus update! ❤

To be clear, yes Jeno gave Jaemin hickeys, and yes, Jisung kissed Jaemin.

Finals is this week so wish me luck!!! Good luck to any of you lovelies who have finals too! ❤
Study well, eat, and sleep right too!

Until the next chapter! >////< ❤   )