Ch. 7: Before The Party...

[Jaemin POV]

Jaemin was out of breath.

His legs screamed at him as he ran around the school looking for Jeno.

I'm also dying to eat.

He groaned as he turned another corner, only to be met with a dead end and no Jeno.

He sighed. He was on the last floor and couldn't find him.

-------

Jaehyun Hyung

Hyung, I can't find him.

Jaehyun
That's alright.
Come home.
I'll talk to the others
about finding him.

Okay, I'm heading home
now then. Bye Bye Hyung

----

Jaemin plugged his headphones in after he texted and walked to his new home.

He shivered a bit. The street was beatiful to look at, but it was a bit chilly. Jaemin crossed his arms and shuffled to the apartment building.

He exhaled in relief, reaching the warm apartment lobby. The elevator took him up to the fifth floor, and he ran to door 56.

*knock knock*

"Hyung~ I'm home." Jaemin waited for his brother to open the door.

"Hyung, it's Jaemin!" Jaemin raised his voice a little after a few minutes. "Jaehyun-hyung, are you alright in there?"

Jaemin frowned.
He out his ear up to the door.
Nothing.
Not even a creak of floorboards or a fan running.
Odd.
Hmm... Was that a bed spring creak? Nah. It can't be.. Right..?

"Ugghhhh how could you do this to me?" Jaemin groaned and slid his back down the door, all the way down to a sitting position.
He was freaking hungry.

He called Jaehyun.

No answer.

Again.

Voice message.

"What the duck, is he out with Taeyong doing some kind of weird adult thing?" Jaemin glared at his phone as if his brother could see him through it.

*click*

"...like I said, go say hello--- oh," Jaemin looked up as an older boy stepped out of the apartment next door and stared at him.

He smiled.

Whoa, he looks like a cat-- er---dog... Okay puppycat.

"Are you locked out?" The boy smiled.

"You could say that," Jaemin sighed. "Nice to meet you, I'm your new neighbor, Na Jaemin."

"Oh, so you're Jaehyun's brother! Come in! I'm Lee Moonbin," he flashed another smile and gestured for him to come in.

Jaemin was a bit hesitant, but remembering that Jaehyun knew him, he built up courage and stepped inside.