Love Is Nothing But A Four Letter Word

Love Is Nothing-

Chapter 1-          

**Tamara’s POV**

“I am so excited!” I said to one of my best friends, Cindy, while I rummaged through my closet for something to wear.

“Sorry, I would help you with that if I played for the other team” She replied, while looking at her nails. We’ve been friends since freshman year, unlike my other best friend, Ciara that I’ve known since 6th grade. The only difference is that Cindy and I are seventeen, while Ciara is eighteen, she failed 3rd grade.

I snorted, “Ha, you’re funny” I turned to look at her, “But I didn’t mean it like that stupid”.

She rolled her eyes at me and said; “You know you want this” while motioning to her body.

“No thanks, that’s too low for me” I laughed. She gasped at that, dramatically throwing a pillow at me, “You bitch!”.

I laughed and said, “No, but seriously I am excited”.

“Excited about what?” She asked.

I rolled my eyes. “Tom’s and I, nine month’s anniversary!”.

She scrunched up her nose in disgust and said, “I may sound like a bitch Tam, but your relationship is fake to me, he doesn’t deserve you, he’s a damn player and you can do better”.

I sighed, here we go again. “Cindy we’ve been having the same argument for the past nine months!”

“Whatever Tamara, one day he’s going to show you who he really is, or has been pretending to be these past nine months, and I’ll be there to say I told you so” She said while picking up my pillow from the floor and throwing it back on my bed. “I have to go, my mom’s here” She added. I waved goodbye and stared after her when she walked out of my room, leaving me alone in my room. She might not like Tom but as I sat on my bed I thought about what she said. I sighed in frustration; it irritates me every time she says something about our relationship. Tom and I were perfect for each other, why couldn’t she see that? Gosh.

*************

 I heard my alarm go off right in my ear.  I groaned “What the hell?” I refuse to believe it was time for school, I didn’t get enough sleep! Stupid alarm, I grabbed my phone and threw it on the floor. Then the alarm stopped ringing. I opened my eyes and sat up on my bed. No, it can’t be broken, that woke me up quickly and I kneeled down to grab my phone. It was turned off, noticing a few cracks on the screen; I pressed the on button, almost immediately it turned on. I sighed; at least it didn’t break completely. The perfect way to start my day, I thought to myself. I looked around my room trying to spot the light switch; I then walked over to my closet and started picking out my clothes for today, then headed to the bathroom. Ugh, I hated Mondays.

As I put my school shirt over my head, I heard my mother knock on the door, “Honey?”

“Come in!” I said while I straightened my shirt. “Good morning honey” She smiled.

“Hey mom” I said in a bored tone, I love my mom, don’t get me wrong but I just hated Mondays.

“I made pancakes” She told me. This got my attention. “I’ll be right down” I said. Food was the number one thing to grab my attention. I was a fat ass. I was now wearing faded blue jeans and my black convers, and of course my school shirt, stupid academy school. I grabbed my book bag and my car keys. Yes, I had my own car, a Mitsubishi Eclipse to be more precise. I went down the stairs to find my little brother eating cereal. My brother was sixteen but he was a demon. I stared at him and made a face.