New Looks

Chapter 3-

**Tamara’s POV**

By the time I got to my car Cindy was already waiting. A worried look on her face.

She was leaning against the hood of my car with her arms crossed and her phone on her left hand.

“Finally! You had me worrying girl!” She said.

“Oh shut up, you probably just got here” I said rolling my eyes.

“What’s up with you today?” She asked going over to the passenger’s seat.

I unlocked my car and got in. Cindy soon followed and I turned on my car and hit reverse. I wanted to get away from school.

Five minutes on the road Cindy spoke, “Where are we going?”.

I was so angry that I didn’t even want to talk. Before I knew it, tears were coming out of my eyes and I was over the speed limit.

“Tamara! Slow down!” Cindy yelled at me.

I did, but I was thinking. Where to go? Where to go?.

Oh! I got it.

“We’re going to the lake house”. My parents owned a lake house 2 hours from here.

“Isn’t that like two hours from here?” Cindy asked.

“That’s right” I smiled between tears. She took a glance at me.

“Wait, why are you crying? What’s going on?” She asked alarmed.

I didn’t answer, she’ll have to wait.

**2 hours later**

“Cindy, we’re here, wake up” I told her. She got tired of asking questions and not getting answers, and she knocked out in my car.

I grabbed her face and she groaned. I realized she had drooled all over my car seat.

“Eww gross, you drooled all over my car seat” I told her. “You’re cleaning that”.

She laughed in my face and then groaned again. “Ugh, let me sleep”.

“For what? So you can drool all over my seat again!?”.

She opened her eyes wiping her mouth. “I did not drool all over-“ She trailed off looking at the seat.

She then looked at me and smiled sheepishly. “Sorry about that, I’ll clean it”.

“Of course you are” I said, rolling  my eyes.