I'll Take The Risk If That's What It Takes To Save Her

Chapter 34-

**Ryan’s POV**

“Ryan”….”Ryan”…..”Ryan, wake up man” I heard Nick say.

I groaned. I heard him sigh. “I thought you were dead, man” He said.

I smiled, then opened my eyes waiting for them to adjust to the light.

“Why did you think that?” I smirked.

He wiped his forehead and then said, “I felt your pulse but wasn’t sure if that was a good sign”.

I stared at him, then started laughing. “You’re an idiot!” I laughed. “Dead people don’t have a pulse!”.

His eyes widened then narrowed. “Shut up, I didn’t pay attention in health class” He said.

I laughed until I felt that pain on my side again. “Dude, it’s called common knowledge” I said.

He shrugged then asked, “How you feeling?”.

“Fine, get my pills” I said.

“Ok, mom”.

I chuckled. Punk ass.

After I took my pills, Nick and I decided to watch the Resident Evil movies.

“Dude, I can’t believe that!” Nick said, “Those poor doggies” He pouted.

I laughed. “Sick ass”.

In that Nick’s phone rang.

He frowned but then answered, “Hello?”.

I looked at him then turned back to the movie.

“Yeah, he’s right here, hold on” He said while passing the phone over to me.

I frowned, and paused the movie.

“Hello?” I asked.

“Hey Ryan, it’s Steve, I have good news” Steve said.

My happiness level went over the edge. “R-really?” I asked.

I couldn’t believe this!.

He nodded. “Hold on, tell me when I get there, I’m on my way” I said.

“Wait, Ryan, you should rest” Steve said.

“Oh yeah sure, I’m on my way , punk” I said before ending the call.

“Let’s head to Steve’s office, he got good news” I said.

Nick’s face went from confusion to happiness.

We headed out, well after changing my bandages.

“Hey Steve!” I yelled when I got into his office. He smiled and shook our hands.

“Well, good news boys, you might want to take a seat, I have to speak some things with you” He said.

Both, Nick and I sat down and waited for him to start.

Steve put his hands on his desk and looked at us, then smiled. “The call lasted enough and more than we needed to track it down” He said, Nick and I did a high five.

“It is some place outside of town, it’s some cabin, but I’m sure Tom’s not the only one there, so we need to make sure you guys understand our rules” He said.

I frowned. “Is this where you tell us we can’t come?” I said angrily.

“Yo, it’s funny how fast he can change his mood, bipolar much?” Nick joked.

Steve laughed and I just chuckled.

“Look, you guys can get hurt and we don’t want that, so it’s better if you guys let us do the job and so we can get the girls and no one gets hurt” He said.

I rolled my eyes. “We’ve been in the case since it started, we can’t back out now, I rather get myself hurt, than letting Tamara get hurt” I said.

“Yeah, me too man, I can’t let Cindy alone on this” Nick added.

Steve sighed. “I understand, but we can’t let you guys in”.

Nick and I started protesting and Steve had to yell over us. Soon, all three of us started a big protesting ball.

“What’s going on in here?” Some dude that came in asked.

He was bald and he had grown a white beard. He was fat too, I bet he ate a lot of donuts.

“Sorry chief, boys won’t understand that they can’t come” Steve informed.

The ‘chief’ frowned and then looked at us.

“Why not?” He asked.

“Well sir, because it’s a police case, they can get hurt” Steve answered.

‘Chief’ guy laughed.

“So? Let them take the risk, I don’t see why they can’t go. They’re big boys, they know what they’re doing, and I’m sure they know what can happen” He said. “Right guys?” He added.

Nick and I nodded and he just smiled.

“See?, just explain their positions and we can get going, Steve” He said. Steve nodded and then after the dude went out, Steve turned to us.

“Lucky day for you guys” Steve informed.

I smirked. “Hell, I wonder if he ate a lot of donuts, but seems like it” I joked.

Steve and Nick got quiet and just stared at me.

“What?” I asked.

“So, we’re talking about today, and all you wonder if he ate a lot of donuts” Nick said.

I shrugged. “Well, you’re not going to get that fat from eating salad!” I said.

Steve started laughing as well as Nick.

After two and a half hours of talking about the process of today. We got everything sorted and got ready to leave.

“Well guys, let’s leave now” Steve announced.

Nick and I went into Steve’s car and there were a lot of S.W.A.T guys in their cool cars and everything. It was awesome.

It felt good to be on the good side of the cops. I smirked. I would finally be able to see Tamara.

“You guys ready?” Steve asked us when he got into the car.

“Yeah” I answered.

Someone spoke to Steve over the radio. “Ok, then, we’re on” Steve replied and then started the car.

This was going to be the happiest day of my life.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

VFC!!! (:

Did you guys like this chapter?. I hope so.

The story still has some issues to get cleared on, but other than that, this story will be done. I already have other story to work on. Well two. The sequel for Full Contamination and some other story about a “Spy”. :D

You know, we all love Ryan :D Pic to the side>>> :D