Maybe He Does Care

Chapter 15-

**Tamara’s POV**

I woke up to a big headache.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw that I was in my room and that everything was dark.

I slowly sat up so I wouldn’t get dizzy. I grabbed my head, I felt that it would fall from the pain any minute.

Then I remembered.

I looked around and my door was open but no one else was in the room with me. My eyes fell on a white paper on the nightstand that I had next to my bed. I picked it up and saw it was from my mom.

Honey, I’m sorry but I had to head back to work. We will talk more about this when I get home on Wednesday. I hope you feel better.

Love you, mom.’.

Wednesday? That was two days from now!.

“I see that you’re finally awake” I heard my brother say.

I looked over to my door where he stood with his hands in his pockets.

I didn’t say anything. I didn’t feel like talking either. Honestly.

He walked over my bed nervously and sat at the end of my bed. Not wanting to get too close to me.

Why was he so distant?.

“You know, the fact that I found out the truth and that now I know you’re not my brother, doesn’t mean it’s going to change the way I am with you” I smiled.

He smiled back and stared down at the floor.

“I’m sorry” He said.

I frowned. “For what? You didn’t do anything wrong”.

He looked up at me. “I know, but still, I feel guilty for knowing about it and not telling you”.

I rolled my eyes. “Don’t worry about it, now come and give me a hug, I don’t bite” I smiled.

He came closer and hugged me. A little too hard, that made me remember that I still had fresh bruises on my back.

“Ouch, Mikey, my bruises” I choked out.

“Yeah sorry” He said letting go of me. But he just let go until he was still holding me but looking into my eyes.

I felt nervous all of a sudden but didn’t move away. I saw him swallow and went from looking into my eyes to my lips.

“I- I-“ He stammered.

He then gave up and sighed. “You already heard when I told mom so there’s no need to repeat it” He said.

“What? That you fell for me?” I asked, making it easier for him.

He nodded nervously. He was still holding me and the light that was coming from my window was the only thing that allowed me to look at his expressions.

“Sorry, but I couldn’t help it” He said.

“I get you” I said.

He looked down for a moment before starring back into my eyes. “Can I ask you, well can I ask something from you?”.

I got nervous but nodded anyways. “What?” I asked.

“Can I-“ He sighed. “Never mind, go back to sleep” He said letting go of me and standing up.

I was having none of this. I hated when people left me wondering like that. Before it was too late I grabbed his wrist.

“Tell me” I said forcing him to look at me.