Two: Someones coming

MADISON'S POV

I frowned and collapsed on my bed. Another start to another day in this hellhole they call an orphanage. At this point, we might as well burst into song and dance like the movie Annie. Only, for everyone but me, this place is fine.

Ms. Crome runs the place. She's a 63 year old woman who loves everyone Erin here except for me. Why exactly? I don't have a clue. All I know is that she likes causing me pain. She has me rooming with girls that want to make my life living hell. More than it already is. Being here would be much easier if I roomed with anyone else, but no. I can't have a single nice thing.

"Everyone get up and put on your dresses! Someone will be here in half an hour to see if they like any of you girls. I expect you to line up in 20." Oh great, someone's coming to possible adopt a girl. With a sigh, I climb out of bed and grab my dress from the wardrobe. The dresses in here are only to be worn when people are visiting.

"Why do you even bother with this? It's not like anyone would adopt you," Haley sneers. She's one of the people who make me hate living. Her and her little minions all stand with smirks and crossed arms.

"Do you think we could postpone the bullying? I'm really not in the mood today." I snap shoving through them to get to the bathroom attached to our room.

"Just stating the obvious," she laughs. I'm only forced to room with these girls because Ms. Crome says I should like them since they're around my age. With a frown I look at myself in the full length mirror. The dress is navy blue and strapless, covered in vintage floral print. It rest around mid thigh, and I pair it with old white converse. My favorite pair. The dress is really pretty, I just can't pull it off.

I decide on just lightly curling the ends of my hair boring blonde hair so it looks like I tried.

I leave the bathroom finding I only took ten minutes to get ready and head downstairs going into the music room. It's empty and I head over to the white clean piano and take out a few music sheets and start to play. I guess I didn't keep watch on time because I'm being dragged up by my ear to face Ms.Crome.

"Why aren't you in line?" My spot in line is probably empty and there's just a space for me to stand in. She sounds furious too.

"I'm sorry I lost track of time. It won't happen again." might as well be nice to the hag. She just scoffs and tells me that she'll deal with me later. I hurry off to get in line next to the other girls and can hear them snicker at this. All our attention is taken when a bell dings and we see four boys walk in and all the girls start freaking ou.. I don't get it.

"Guys Madison doesn't know who it is!" they laugh at me and I just shrug as Ms.Crome talks to the four boys. They all have bright smiles on their faces.

"Wow, you're a freak. It's a famous band called Five seconds of summer. You're so stupid sometimes." I remember the girls talking about them briefly in our room but I zoned out after. I see them walk in after Ms.Crome and she speaks up letting us know what ages can leave.

"Girls younger than 12 can leave the room." I see the girls faces fall as they walk out. I'm surprisingly still here.

"Girls older than 14 can leave as well." that narrows us down to about 11 girls and shockingly, I'm one. I mean my birthday is in a few days, maybe I got lucky. I see Ms.Crome point to me and whisper something and the boys tell her no. I wonder what she said, probably something about how I'm almost 14.

"Can we pick five girls to stay and be interviewed?" the dark-eyes looking one speaks up, just earning a nod from Ms.Crome. They point to five girls, me being one and I'm shocked. Ms.Crome speaks up, "Everyone who they didn't point to can leave the room."

This shocks me. I might have a chance to leave, but do I want to live with four boys? I think I might wanna stay here. Whatever, I probably won't get picked anyway. I look to see Haley left the room, her head hanging down and I smirk and I'm pretty sure the boys saw because they're trying not to laugh.

"Girls go wait with the others. I'll call you back in a minute." Ms.Crome waves us off and I look to see several pissed off girls looking at me. They all continue to talk to the other four girls and I stare off. I hear the clicking of hag heels and four other behind her but I can't resist any longer.

"Haley it sure is funny how I stayed longer than you out there when you said I had absolutely no chance." I smirk at her as her mouth drops open. Hearing four boys burst out into laughter and turn around to see them quickly stop and the hag staring angrily at me.

"Let's go girls." we follow her out and I wave to Haley acting innocent as I go, seeing her still in shock.

"Olivia you'll go in first and then the order will follow from that." meaning I get to go in third. From what I can tell, I probably won't be adopted. There is really sweet and beautiful girls left but today's just been out of of the ordinary so I may have a small chance. I'm kind of hoping I won't but sort of do just to show up Haley. I zone out and that's when I hear my name get yelled.

"I don't think we need to interview her. You can go back out, send the next one in." I leave in shock at his serious face, pretending it didn't bother me that they didn't even bother talking to me and send in Daisy to see them. I then realize as the final girl comes out they're about to choose.

"Madison go pack up your stuff, you're coming home." I look at the boy in shock and go upstairs. I don't have much, just a small backpack of three outfits, my bathroom stuff and a few sentimental things. The boys wait patiently as I run upstairs, the girls in my room up there already.

"Look who didn't get chosen" Haley sneers as I step in. I laugh right in her face and don't say anything, packing my bag. Then she realizes, "Wait they chose you? A famous band, chose you?" I just nod making sure I have everything, and slipping on my old, worn out, and barely fitting converse even if I'm wearing a dress.

"You're lying. I know you are." just as I open my mouth to respond the boys walk in.

"Madison you have everything?" they look shocked at my small bag and I just nod and the other girls watch as I leave this orphanage with a famous band only to be greeted by camera flashes when I step out into the sun.

A/N here's another chapter, if anybody's reading. I'm tired again :(