Fourty-One: Waiting

LUKE'S POV (bet you fuckers weren't expecting this am I still predictable dammit?)

We watched as the ambulance drove away with her inside, and this scene is all too familiar. And once again, I'm responsible for it.

I mean, I know that I wasn't the one who kicked her legs, as we as we know. We know that Calum punched her, but she would've been okay with that, but someone accidentally kicked her legs from under her and sent her tumbling.

We don't put the blame directly on someone, we all feel equally as guilty, believe me. But I just know that this is my fault, I did start the argument. The argument about something I claimed not to care about, but when I found out I was never a guardian, I was furious about. So now, I'm like that guy that lives in the house and is in a band with her guardians.

The only thing I remember we were arguing about, was Madison's adoption. I know I didn't want her, and I'm still not sure if I do, but that piece of you that gets hurt when someone close to you gets hurt.

That part of me doesn't really hurt, the only thing I feel is anger, and some guilt. But there is a small pang in my chest, just a small one.

Anger towards myself, anger towards management, anger towards the boys, anger towards everyone and everything. But I couldn't handle it.

We jog towards the hospital after jumping out of the car, and none of us have exchanged words. We're all pissed at each other. Everyone still looks mad, but I think I just look emotionless. I know they were mad at me, but now everyones mad at each other.

Ashton walks up to the counter and rings the bell, running his hands through his long hair. Everyone's stressed,thats for sure. The lady cringes as she sees us, bruised and cut up from beating each other, and we probably look like hot messes.

"Uhm, Madison Greene?" the lady looks down at her notes and gives us a sad smile. Everyone tenses.

"She's being looked over, and having things done. Feel free to wait over there." she gestures to the seats and we nod, sitting down and putting our elbows onto our knees, staring into space.

We sit there and wait, for what seems like forever. Staring at the white hospital walls, thinking. I think about everything that has happened since we met management that day, and Michael proposed the idea of adopting a girl.

I thought he was crazy, and I was in a bad mood for days. But that day when we got to the orphanage, and she was there. She was different, different from the rest of the girls. She didn't know who we were, and she had a brave look in her green eyes.

Her dirty blonde hair with slight waves done naturally, as she wore her dress with her worn out converse. She looked like she didn't care, and she wore a sarcastic smile and I think that's when I knew.

Then, as she was still standing and that girl wasn't, you could tell that they absolutely hated each other. I smiled when she completely told that girl off, and when she walked off not giving a care when we told her we didn't need to talk. She thought she was going to stay, and face her enemy.

Then again, when she stood her ground and fought the girl when we visited, and the way she looked at that piano with love. How the kids loved her when she was visiting as well.

And even when she dumped my coffee on that girl at the mall's head, and I faked being upset about it to keep my act. If I showed that she was growing on me, the boys wouldn't let me hear the end of it.

Then my thoughts stop there, when I realize I said she was growing on me, and the doctor came out. Telling us we could go in, and we go straight for the room he told us she was, and we gasped at her sleeping so peacefully on that hospital bed, after what had happened.

She looked terrible, her face was already bruising, and they were holding her neck in something, as well as her leg up, in cast? So she broke a leg, and it always seems to happen around us, ever since we got her.

"Boys, for the future we need to see if any of you have compatible blood, in case she needs it. She seems to get hurt a lot around you." he scolds and we look down, nodding. The nurses come in, and take a bit of each of our blood, and we wait for them to come back.

We stare at Madison's unmoving and sleeping body on that bed, and sighs are heard around the room. We don't look at each other, or speak. We sit in silence for a very long time, as the door creaks open and the doctor looks towards all of us.

"I have some news..." he looks up from his clip board, pointing to Michael, "You are blood related to Madison Greene."

A/N

hahA MOTHERFUCKERS WERE YOU EXPECTING ANY OF THIS BECAUSE THIS WAS NOT PLANNED SO I WASN'T EITHER. I only planned this a few chapters ago, and ya. But I'm not good with this kind of stuff, and sorry this chapter is a bit shorter than normal, but it was in Luke's pov and you got to see kind of what he thinks.

ROTC: I've had this book in my library for a while now, and I didn't start reading it until two days ago, and I regret not reading it sooner. It's called Isolation by calvumhood. I seriously regret not starting it earlier.

So, I'll try to update again soon, but tell me what you think about this chapter and turn of events please? :D