Fourty:Three: Truth

MADISON'S POV

I walked into the house, well more limped. I wasn't used to this air cast yet, and I wasn't planning on using crutches. Luckily, i had only fractured my ankle. I could hear the camera snaps and questions being thrown as the boys try to shelter me. We left the hospital shortly after, them just making sure I was okay.

I also hurt my neck, but they said as long as I'm careful I won't have to wear a neck brace. I do however, have to ice it a few times a day.

The thought of Michael and I being related hasn't left my mind.

It never crossed my mind before, but now it just won't leave my mind. Funny how things can change in just a short amount of time. There I was, trying to stop the boys fight I get pushed down hill and wake up in the hospital, being told that I was related to Michael.

That reminds me, these boys are the reason that I'm like this. Someone had punched me, and kicked me straight to the knees as I tumbled down a hill, trying to help them.

Once we're inside, I try to limp off, but the boys don't notice as they steer me to the kitchen and I huff. They don't seem to understand I don't want to talk to them, but they might just want to talk to me.

"Madison look..." Calum sighs.

"We didn't mean for that to happen." Ashton looks to me pleadingly.

"You never do." I mumble, looking at sir guilty expressions and knowing they heard me. "What were you fighting about anyways?" I scoff.

"It doesn't matter, just drop it guys. Everything is done and over with now." I take on last look at their bruised faces,before limping away, and trying to get to my bedroom. It takes me a while to get up the stairs, but I make it.

I sigh, deciding I'll just go on thisiswhyimbroke.com and laugh at things. I flip through a bunch of it for a while. I don't really understand the point of those wrist watch post it notes, but I do want an Oreo dunking spoon. That would be rad.

I crack up at the wearable sleeping bags, before moving on to a color changing shower head. I tab it along wi the Oreo dunking spoon, and of course the titanic ice cube mold and the vapor blaster. I mean, it just shoots out rings of vapor, who wouldn't want that?

I also tab the pizza cone maker, a star projector, target practice alarm clock, salt firing shot gun, tiny functional cannons, glow in the dark red lipgloss, and a self defense pen before logging off because wow, they really do want you to go broke.

But that self defense pen is cool, it has waterproof ink, glass breaker, handcuff key, and a tool the collects an attackers DNA sample, so don't tell me it's useless.

I limp out of my room, and okay maybe I should use crutches, but I hate them. I sit on the top stairs and slide down, getting up and making my way to the kitchen. I make a hot pocket and eat it in silence, Michael coming into the room.

"Madison, you okay? Look, I know this happens a lot. We're really sorry." he looks at his feet, finding them more interesting than the conversation.

"It's fine. But what were you guys fighting about?" I look up to him, finding him looking down at me.

"Luke's name wasn't on your adoption certificate." I nod, thinking over everything that they were saying.

"He was mad about that?"

"Well there was a bit more to it, but that's what started it, yes." I start to think over everything that had happened that day.

I had a great day at school, and come home expecting to see the boys eating cookies but that didn't happen, the cookies burnt. They were fighting outside, and then fixed it before fighting again. It got physical and I tried to stop them, but ended up in the hospital. That was a short day, but I do remember some of what Luke said.

'We made a big mistake'

'this decision ruined our lives!'

'Ruined our lives'

"Madison are you okay?" Michael interrupts me from my thoughts.

"Me? Oh um yeah. Just not feeling well, s'all. I'm gonna go lay down." he nods cautiously as he watches me limp towards the stairs, only to bump into Luke.

"oh hey, I'm really sorry." he pulls me in for a hug.

"no you're not." I think, but just get out of the hug and rush upstairs. Well, as fast as one can with a cast but no crutches. As soon as I get to my room, I rush to the bathroom.

I don't understand why I'm upset, I knew he never liked me. I guess it's just knowing that he really hates me and doesn't want me here.

I lean over the toilet and puke my guts out, as tears fall from puking. I lay there for hours, puking every once in a while until there's nothing left to puke up, just stomach acid. Im just super dizzy now, sitting on my bathroom floor in a ball, probably looking like a huge mess. But that's all I am.

I'm a mess.

A/N

OH MY GOSH IM SO SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING. Okay so I know I haven't updated in like a week but like I had to get ready for school and then I had school this week (Ew) and stuff so like I had no time and like I'd jot stuff down here whenever I could but never got to finish a chapter.

ROTC: Cherry Lip Balm by Larry_Lashton (-:

I'll probably update again tonight babes love you thanks for sticking with me you're all beautiful people and deserve cupcakes so look for them in the mail. This also seems a lot shorter than when I wrote it but oh we'll.