Thirty-Three: Sick Day

MADISON'S POV

I wakeup the next morning and groan. I don't really want to go to school today, I was outside with the boys until almost four and have gotten barely two hours of sleep. I grab my phone and text the weird group message the boys out me in.

[To: Group]

'I don't feel like school, I was out too late. Can you call me in?'

I send it and instantly get replies from all four agreeing, because they were with me the whole night. We did have fun thought at least. I send a text to the girls, notifying them I won't be there and just get a bunch of sad faces. I roll over on my side and pass out.

I wakeup from the sun blinding me and go over to my window. Seeing birds in the tree thats so close I can touch it, and the hot sun burning down. I get up and just climb not the shower, letting the cool water wake me up as I wash my body.

I then climb out and throw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a band tee, even if it is hot. I leave my feet bare as I brush through my hair and braid it when it's damp, grabbing my phone and seeing its only about 10:00, but I think the boys are sleeping. I sneak into their rooms and post a picture of them each on instagram, then log into my personal account to post something.

It ends up being an outfit of the day post, but I instantly get replies saying people love it. I don't even understand why people are so interested in me or my life, but I guess i never will. It's not like I'm famous or something. Just adopted by someone famous.

I go into the fridge and grab the stuff to make pancakes and start on those, and then I decide to do bacon and sausage with them.

"Ow!" I jump when a dot of grease burns my skin, bacon hurts, but I guess it's worth it. Eventually all the food is done and placed on the table, and I call all the boys down, them trotting down groggily before smelling the food and rushing in. The instantly pig out and I laugh, taking my seat, and doin the same.

Before anyone can leave the table, I speak up. "So Friday is the homecoming game, and Saturday is the dance. " I nervously bite my lip.

"You can go." I cheer before remembering I need to buy a dress.

"I need a dress for the dance,"

"we'll go after we're all done eating." I smile, that was easier than I thought. I out my dish in the sink and just sink into the couch afterwards. I never take time to appreciate this couch, it's so comfy.

Eventually all of the boys finish every little piece of food and we climb into the car, going into the mall. We come here for everything really. I don't even know when, if, or where the boys go grocery shopping really. I walk ahead of the boys, passing stores until I decide to walk into one.

I look through all of the dresses and none of them are really appealing to me. I mean, they're all great! But they're not me. I a high sorting through them, until one catches my eye. I grab it and rush off into the dressing room, trying it on. It was the only one, so I'm hoping it fits me.

Turns out I got lucky, because it hugs my body perfectly. It is a bit short, but I mean it's about halfway down my thigh. I really like this one so I look at the price. 476? That's outrageous! I'll out this back on the shelf I guess.

I leave the dressing room, but bump into Ashton in my way back to the shelf, with the dress slung over my arm.

"Oh, you found one! Here let me take that, I'll go pay. Get the boys together would you?" I nod and gulp. I can't tell him no, I love it too much. I sigh, getting the boys together at the front door. I smile to ash and he grins back, normal.

Then, even though they're supposed to be at school, a swarm of teenage girls comes our way. Of course, the boys go off in groups of two and I wasn't aware of this plan so here I am, in the middle of teenage girls.

I fall to the ground, but I dont hesitate to grab the ankles around me so I dont get stepped on. Eventually the mob is calm, but of course I pulled down Megan and her little minions. Every time I'm here, they are too.

I get up and scoff, walking away quickly. I head my stomach growl ad decide it'd be best to get some lunch, since I have money in the back of my phone case. I go up to panda express and just get some Chinese, walking out to the parking lot and going towards the car. Ashton had my bag, and I assume we're supposed to meet here again anyways.

But before I can make it to the car, just barely seeing Michael's hair from where I am, an ice coffee is drenched on my head. I gasp, turning to see Megan standing there with an evil grin on her face and I almost growl.

"Paybacks a bitch" she smiles at me, waiting for my response. Since I'm completely drenched in coffee, I do the first thing that comes to mind. I hug her, soaking her with coffee too. Then, I pull our a dollar from my change and stick it in her bra, walking away. I also run into paps on my way back to the car, luckily it's just a few.

"Who was that girl?"

I huff. "Megan Martinez."

"She got her coffee revenge, what are you planning?" I don't answer that one.

"Did you really just pay her like she was a stripper?" I kind of laugh at that one. But I don't answer any other questions as I come up to the car, climbing in.

"Uh, what happened?" I shrug. "Also, why do you smell like coffee and cheap perfume?" I laugh loudly at that one.

"Oh uhm, this girl dumped her coffee on my head, same girl I did it to last time. So I hugged her and then stuck a dollar in her bra." the boys can't contain their laughter at that, which makes me glad that they're young. Older parents would care, and I'd probably get In trouble. But them? Slim chance.

"Managements gonna kill you." Luke says between breaths and I scoff.

"You think I'm scared of your management?" he shakes his head, remembering last time and how I slapped a guard. I mean, I thought It was like him or someone. But we go home, and put on a bunch of movies and sit there. All. Day. Long.

A/N

Okay I'm really excited to write again because I just want to get to a big thingy. Though you probably expected it but it's big for me so stfu. Omg I started watching switched t first on Netflix and its amazing like ahhhhhh.

I HAVE CRIED SO DAMN MUCH TODAY. I cried today while finishing Rags Meets Riches because it's so sad and I'm sad it's over and like ugh. if you read it, grab a box of tissues for the last five or so chapters. I also cried while reading Mean Boys because I'm fucking lame, but again don't judge me. Then I cried while reading shattered which is the sequel to the chase by bubblesirwin. And I cried while watching SAB. So I have cried a lot.

ROTC: The Chase and Shattered my the lovely bubblesirwin who ruined my life lmao. But, read them with caution.