Fifty-Eight: Interview

MADISON'S POV

We walked into the office and 8am sharp, to have a quick meeting and then get ready for the interview. I had never had an interview before, and I wasn't looking forward to it. I was wearing black skinny jeans, of course. I also had on my white converse, a black and red checkered flannel around my waist, and an All Time Low shirt on.

"Ah boys, Madison, we haven't had a meeting in so long, it's so great to have this one!" their manager started sarcastically.

"Can we just please continue? I have a headache. Kind of waiting for aspirin to kick in here." I said through gritted teeth, standing next to Michael and Calum in the middle of the room.

"Well, what's this about you and Michael being cousins, first of all?" she raises her eyebrows, we explain those events, and every other event since last meeting we had, she does not look amused, especially here she finds out Ashton and I aren't exactly on speaking terms.

"Maybe we should have told you guys to do something for publicity, before all this. Maybe we should've done something else." I hear those words, and my mouth goes dry. They didn't actually want me, did they?

The boys sense that I've tensed up and look at me, my facial expression holding true. My lips parted slightly, eyes crushed, empty. I don't know why this effects me so much, but It does.

Maybe it's because I had finally out my trust in people, and they always seem to let me down.

"Madison we can-"

"It's okay, I'm okay. I'm used to it, Luke. Is this meeting over? We're gonna be late for the interview." I say, the manager nods and I speed walk out of the room. I race down to the car, and climb in. The ride there is quiet, nobody speaks, nobody types away on their phones, and the radio is off.

The only sound you hear as we pull up to the place, is the cars engine. We climb out and head Inside, we're prepped and all that, waiting to go on.

•••

I take a seat next on the end, next to Luke. The crowd of girls they let in cheer for the boys, and they grin and wave and yell things. I just sit there.

"So, boys, what's it like not being on tour, and having a daughter?" the interviewer, who's name is Jim, questions.

"Well I guess it's kind of weird, we're used to traveling a lot." Ashton speaks first.

"Yea, and it's definitely a different feeling, having someone to take care of ya know? You have kids, you know how it feels, to always have someone to watch, it's a feeling of normality, I guess." Michael adds.

People record in the crowd, and some people around us take notes about things and Calum cracks a terrible joke, but everyone laughs anyways. I pretend to laugh, but with no sound actually coming out of my mouth.

I listen to the boys answer questions for a while, and Im starting to wonder why exactly I'm even here, when I get spoken to.

"Madison, what it like living with these boys? What was your thoughts when they came to adopt a girl, and chose you?" I think for a second.

"Living with the boys is strange. They all play different roles, but they all worry too much for their own good. When they came to adopt a girl, I didn't even know who they were, but everyone else seemed to know. When they chose me, I was surprised, and I didn't even want to go. But I was a bit excited to leave the orphanage at least." I explain, thinking over my words carefully.

"There was one time, where you were spotted running out of homecoming through the rain. We never really got the story, care to tell us a bit?" I suck in a breath there, shouldn't they be questioning the boys and not me?

Or shouldn't they be questioning me about the boys? Whatever floats their boat I guess.

"Well that was actually a long night. I had gone to homecoming with my boyfriend at the time, James. We ,et our friends there and we were having a great time, and then my old friend Lacey started saying some rude things, and then she um, kissed James and I ran out." I get quieter towards the end, and her gasps in the crowd.

The boys give me a look, I don't think I told them that much of the story before. I see shock on even the interviewers face, as he continues.

"There's been a lot of questions about this lately, yesterday Michael tweeted something about you two being cousins?" he looks between me and Michael and I nod understandingly. Michael speaks.

"Well, I forgot we hadn't told anyone but yes. We did findout we were related." he smiles.

"Yeah, it was quite a weird situation, waking up and being told you that a few blood tests had happened and that I was related to Michael. Life has a funny way of doing things. Quite a nice coincidence to findout I was related to someone who adopted me." I finish speaking.

A/N

I suck at ending things ha I'm sorry
It's that time of year where it's sweater weather in the morning but by afternoon you're dying of heatstroke, and I hate it so much

I'm going to bed, I'm back on school schedule ew