Twenty-Three: First Day

MADISON'S POV

I walk into school that morning, and it looks like a zoo. There's kids running around everywhere and we still have 20 minutes before we get to class, it's just madness. To them, it seems pretty normal. I guess it's not as bad as it would be for me, because I live with four boys but still, this is pretty shocking. I check my schedule and see that I have English first, and it's right by my locker apparently. I groan, I normally don't like English.

I wasn't planning on using my locker, but I guess I can drop my English books off there after class, less to carry around. I wasn't planning on being one of those kids that get to class super early, so I look around in the hall for someone, anyone. I spot Lacey's blonde hair and see she's with a few of the other girls. I didn't notice until now, but I've been getting looks from everyone. They probably all recognize me from magazines. Some people give me dirty looks.

They gasp and look away as I fit into my group of friends. Maybe these are the popular girls, and it really is as bad as it sounds. These are the mean girls of the school, but there's more than three or four, and now I'm one. I am one of those girls that try to make people miserable? I'll stay away from that. I don't want to be despised by people.

"Oh! Madison! Whats your first class?" Lacey perks up, all eyes on me. Literally everyone in the hall Is looking at me.

"English with Mr.Gin" her eyes perk up.

"Me and Brianna have that class! Also, great outfit choice." she claps her hands, they really are different in school. Or at least she is.

"Let's get to class and you can meet the teacher. He's really cool and laid back." she drags me and Brianna away and we say bye to the group before walking in to meet Mr.Gin. He smiles at us and his eyes land on me and he raises a questioning eyebrow.

"This is Maddie! She's new here." he reaches his hand out and I shake his hand. He nods and walks over to his desk to check his attendance I assume.

"Well, I already like the influence you have on these girls. Getting them here early." I smile and the girls lead me to sit down. He walks to the front of the class and writes his name on the board. Students start filing into the class and as the bell rings, he shuts the door. He moves his post and chair out of the front of the room, there's actually quite a bit of space.

I hope we don't get into a conversation for the whole class, that would be so boring. "Alright class, get a paper and a pencil." we sigh and get ready to write. "Now, write down your favorite tv show right now." I write down in bold letters, Pretty Little Liars. "Next, your favorite type of ice cream." Moose Tracks. I wonder exactly what we're doing.

"Now your friends names." Lacey, Brianna, Jane, Alyssa, Becca. "And lastly, your favorite band or singer." Ed Sheeran. I wonder what the point of this exercise actually is. "Now come get an envelope from me, but don't close it. Just put the paper in it." we all walk up, confused and take the envelope before folding up our papers and putting them inside.

"Now I want you all to come up to my computer and take a picture. We're going to print it and you will put that in there too." we get in line, kids snapping selfies and they all print out, waiting by the printer as we grab them and fold those too. This is actually a bit confusing, and way more fun then doing work. We still have like an hour left of class though.

"Now you each must have brought something other than school stuff, put your favorite thing that you brought besides school related." I search through my bag until I find two things. My favorite red lipstick because it's like really bright and you can see it from a mile away. Or, the necklace I'm wearing. I decide on putting both of them in and sealing the envelope and writing my name on it, giving it to him.